Thread: Bill Pentz Cyclone build

Bill Pentz Cyclone build

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching, and can't seem to find one of these. I have read extensively through Bill's site, but was wondering if any of you knew of a well documented Bill Pentz cyclone build. I am wanting to take on this project and wanted to see if there were any pictures/videos documenting other builds that I could call upon.

Thanks!
    Chris Holder

Google for "Pentz cyclone build" and lots of results turn up.

What do you want to know as I have my complete build posted on another forum that I can pm you the link.

Hi Christopher.....

This build looks a little ungainly, but it closely follows the dimensions given with Bill Pentz' excell spreadsheet (when you input 4.00 inch ducting, 2 hp motor size, and 22 inch cyclone diameter).

It was very inexpensive, and works very well. It was an easy way to build an air-tight cyclone without doing any sheet metal work.

I have been using it for four years, now, and I cannot emphasize enough how beautifully it works.

The last picture shows the old bag filters that I had kept inline after the cyclone, but they proved to be unnecessary. I removed them, and vent straight outside. The only time dust collects outside, is when I overflow the bin in the plywood box under the cyclone. Removing the bag filters eliminates their restriction, making the system even more efficient.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?177412-DIY-Cyclone-of-Plastic-Barrels

Lornie
    Last edited by Lornie McCullough; 12-08-2015 at 2:20 AM.