Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Backyard Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Almgren View Post
    A few of these installed on the eaves pointing into the back yard should be able to give you some light back there:
    http://www.lightingever.com/240w-hig...lights-dw.html.
    Supplement with a high powered handheld LED spotlight when needed.

Thank you very much for that link. We might go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I don't know where he lives but I live out in the country and our police have better things to do then chase down trespassers. They will come out but it may be a few hours before they get here.
    I live in Covington. It's not that they are trespassing that concerns us. It's the fact the had two gun ranges back there and one was pointed uphill directly at the house. The other longer range went across the back property about 250' from the house. One of the neighbors living at the bottom of the property indicated that they only fire .22 rifles at the targets going uphill toward the house. Last I checked a good .22 rifle could travel that far. They also hunted back there. We are strange and don't like bullets aimed in our direction.

What does it say about society when one has to light up their property like a baseball stadium to ward off trespassers?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    What does it say about society when one has to light up their property like a baseball stadium to ward off trespassers?
    Society's general lack of respect for others is precisely why I just sold my home in a neighborhood and bought an old farhouse where my nearest neighbor is nearly a mile down the road.