Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Router table router

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    Have used. Question was about usage in a router table. Don't see the advantage...
    You did not read my original post. For a router table... I said I'd recommend the PC7518 other applciation the festool.

Jack, the beginner of this thread asked for recommendations, and I provided my input. Sorry, I didn't make a comparison study for you, but if you want a thread that does that, one that provides an agreeable or a disagreeable insights, perhaps could begin your own thread on that topic.

I have noticed the Triton 3 1/4hp router is on sale for $250 at Rockler and Highland Wood Working. Seems like a decent price for a router that was well recommended on this thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Belleman View Post
    Jack, the beginner of this thread asked for recommendations, and I provided my input. Sorry, I didn't make a comparison study for you, but if you want a thread that does that, one that provides an agreeable or a disagreeable insights, perhaps could begin your own thread on that topic.
    All I read is personal preferences. Without a dedicated thread on the topic it just repeats itself as a preference thread. I see no gain from 15 yrs ago on this forum or the others.

But... What does "this" router do that makes it better? That should be the topic...

I've got 20+ routers and several buried in router tables. I guess I come off negative sometimes but there needs to be a better way to choose a router other than by everyone's preferences of brand or color. There needs to be a sticky on the different classes of routers and the features + or - on each. Then most wouldn't have to ask...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a big Bosch with a Woodpecker lift. No problems. I don't recall the model # but it's the 3 HP job.
    Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of bench.

I was socially distant before it was cool.

A little authority corrupts a lot.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Jack, I admire your setup, very nice.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    I too own a Milwaukee 5625 which lives in the table and never sees the light of day. I also own 4 other routers of different brands and what I appreciate the most is the Milwaukee is the least offensive to my ears, even though the noise level is the same.