Thread: under cuts and over cuts

Unhappy under cuts and over cuts

been scrolling for about 6years i have a problem with over cuts and under cuts what im i doing wrong . i have a new dewalt i use top blades need help

Perhaps you can describe the problem in more detail...I do not understand exactly what you mean. Are you not cutting on the line or is your cut angled?
    What wood and thickness and what blades are you using.

I cut mostly thicker woods for Intarsia with a Hegner saw and use Flying Dutchman blades. I use the Polar blades or Ultra Reverse in a 3, 5, or 7 size. I also use a very good magnifier light which allows me to cut consistently on one side of a line or the other or right on the middle.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

1. What is an over cut?
    2. What is an undercut?
    3. What type of saw is this (make, model, and type) (you already said Make = Dewalt). Model should give us type, so type is probably sufficient.
    4. Please describe the problem.

Welcome to the forum with your first post! (even if you have been lurking for a few years)

Do you mean the swing of the blade? (Back and forth motion) I don't think the Dewalts are adjustable, but my Excalibur is.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

Dewalt only makes one scroll saw, so we know it's the DW788. They made two types with the only difference being country of origin. Type 1's were made in Canada and type 2's are made in Taiwan.

As to the over cuts and under cuts, do you mean that you cut past the line into the work or cut too far from the line into the waste area? Or is the blade not square to the table and the cut on the top is not the same as on the bottom of the wood and vice versa?