Thread: Cutting in a common path

Cutting in a common path

Does anyone know of a macro that can create a cut pattern for the laser so it cuts from left to right and not jump all over the place with out me personally having to reorganize the layers?
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Craig, I think you'd be looking for a Nesting Tool. If your using Corel these are a few macro's available out there. I used a tool for Corel some years ago called SignTools I think its still available. From memory there were settings in the nesting function for cutting order & direction. I think the macro worked much the same as you would do manually ordering whilst following the defined settings.

Hope this helps, Steve.
    Last edited by Steven Cox; 12-11-2015 at 3:05 AM.
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

Not sure if there's any 3rd party(?) software that would work in Corel or other programs, but vinyl cutting programs sort from inside-out-then- left-to-right so the vinyl you're cutting moves slowly rather than in big back 'n forth sweeps. Yet another reason I keep my old Casmate around, since it IS a vinyl cutting program. If I need anything sorted, I import it, sort, export it back, the whole process takes a few seconds.

Also, many laser programs have 'optimized vector' options that will do the sorting for you. My old ULS driver does- And my Triumph sorts vector cuts automatically by default, cutting by MY sort order is optional...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post

Also, many laser programs have 'optimized vector' options that will do the sorting for you. My old ULS driver does- And my Triumph sorts vector cuts automatically by default, cutting by MY sort order is optional...
    Yeah Epilog has that option but works terrible the program still overrides the cut path. Nesting is not what I need as nesting organizes to use minimum space not arranging the order of items to be cut from what I have seen.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)