Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Christmas Present

Early Christmas Present

Today Santa's elf delivered a huge crate with a Robust American Beauty Lathe inside! Moving logistics are such that it will not be moved into my shop until tomorrow, so for now it sits all wrapped up and crated. By 9:00 am tomorrow morning she will be in the shop and the uncrating will begin. Sleep may be fleeting tonight. My first lathe, and I'm really excited..........

Congratulations Clay. I would turn something while it was still in the crate!

Well, you certainly avoided the moving up to a bigger and better lathe syndrome. Be prepared to spend some quality time uncrating it. Brent's crating crew seems to operate on the theory that if one nail is good, 10 are better. It took 2 of us to uncrate a Liberty. You will enjoy it.
    Joe

Congratulations! I got my Beauty about this same time last year. I have enjoyed every minute of turning on it. You won't be disappointed. Make sure and post some pics!

Congrats on a great lathe. Santa was good to you!!!

Thanks guys. Yep, Brent and his crew are serious when it comes to packaging! I have been making rectilinear things (mostly furniture) for quite a while, but I fear all those tools may get lonely as I get acquainted with turning. It's part of the journey, and it's all good!

Clay, congrats and Merry Christmas. I got mine in Aug 2014. It's a GREAT machine and you will definitely be putting your flatwork on the back burner.

So since it's not in the shop it must be outside if you send my your address I could maybe pay a 3am visit. Contrats. from what I have seen and heard that is a lathe you will be very happy with and likely never have to go through the upgrade blues like the rest of us.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Wow! Your FIRST lathe. You did it right. Congrats!

Oh no ... don't you dare open that. Move it in the house and put it under the tree until Christmas like the rest of us have to do. Congratulations.

I also have one that is in the crate, it sure is a pretty crate. I am in the process of re arranging my shop. Not going to tell you how long its been here, you wood get mad at me. I will be turning on the American Beauty soon. For now I will continue to turn on a 3520 b Powermatic.

Congrats! What a first lathe! What a way to start. Congrats again.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Congrats Clay! You are going to love it!! Looking forward to the photos!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Very cool for a new lathe. You sure started at the top. I don't know about you but the anticipation is often as much fun as the end result but in this case like a lot of gifts, I'm sure it will just keep on giving . . . lots of fun. Enjoy and Merry Christmas Clay!!!!!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Congratulations!
    You did it right the first time! I'm on my third lathe and still not at the top.
    Enjoy!