Page 30 of 118 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Don't waste your money on full spectrum better off with a GF LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Or $5K for a Full Spectrum system from Rockler.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I went to Rockler acted like I was interested in the machine and wanted to find out more about it. They don't have a clue about what the machine is or anything about it. They can turn it on and put in a small piece of wood and engrave your name on it and thats about it. Ask them anything about the machine like how many watts is it or whats the tube length and they look at you like you have 3 heads. Guy says why do you need to know that to me. So thats about how much FSL cares about Rockler. They just tell them to sell machines andhave the customer contact FSL for their non existent support.I emailed FSL and ask the same questions and they said they didn't knows how long the tubes were Honest Injun. I saved the emails if anyone wants to see them.

Yeah, missed that one: that's the 'H' series. I just took a quick look and spotted the $5K special they're running on the 20"x12" 'P' series. (Note that price doesn't include chiller or shipping, so it's really more like $6100.)

Then again, Rockler isn't exactly famous for the lowest prices in town.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Don't waste your money on full spectrum better off with a GF LOL
    Or the ULS I've actually owned for 11 years... what's your point?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Or the ULS I've actually owned for 11 years... what's your point?

what don't you understand?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

what don't you understand?
    What I don't understand is why you're telling me not to waste my money on something I'm clearly not in the market for.
    (Or, for that matter, busting my chops because I agreed with you that there are better choices at the GF price point.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Im not talking to you Lee Im just saying in general don't waste money on an FSL your taking this way to personal and out of contex gessh

What I don't understand is why you're telling me not to waste my money on something I'm clearly not in the market for.
    (Or, for that matter, busting my chops because I agreed with you that there are better choices at the GF price point.)
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I used an Epilog frequently at a makerspace. It wasn't the use it was poor maintenance practices that wore it out. They didn't train users enough on proper use, and they didn't clean or maintain the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    That does sound a bit crazy, I didn't think you could wear out an Epy like that. My LS900 has run every day for almost 13 years, and I've never changed or adjusted a belt or bearing, never lubed a guide rail. The table screws get some grease once in awhile and the lens an mirrors get an occasional wipe. Machine runs like the day I got it. Knock on my head

That kind of longevity for sure doesn't exist with 'Dixie Cup' Chinese machines, but their prices offset the balance.

Usually.

I went to Rockler acted like I was interested in the machine and wanted to find out more about it. They don't have a clue about what the machine is or anything about it. They can turn it on and put in a small piece of wood and engrave your name on it and thats about it. Ask them anything about the machine like how many watts is it or whats the tube length and they look at you like you have 3 heads. Guy says why do you need to know that to me. So thats about how much FSL cares about Rockler. They just tell them to sell machines andhave the customer contact FSL for their non existent support.I emailed FSL and ask the same questions and they said they didn't knows how long the tubes were Honest Injun. I saved the emails if anyone wants to see them.

Your transformation into Captain Ahab is almost complete.

i'M DOINJ GOOD HUH MATT

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Your transformation into Captain Ahab is almost complete.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I see on CNCzone people are finally getting smart and getting a refund for their pre ordered glowforge and buying a real laser. Bigger better and cheaper form China.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I go to their forum once in a while. Unfortunately, if you haven't purchased GF, you can only view. It looks like if there isn't an BIG shipping announcement on Dec 1st, a lot of folks will be bailing.
    I'd be quite surprised if they can actually ship what they've promised by end of the year.
    Like I've said earlier, sounded really good initially... until you research lasers a bit.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Or already know about lasers like the people on here who could see early on its not going to happen, at least at that price point.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

When I asked about the shipping date every one said December 2016 now I see they may ship beta units in early 2017 almost a year after I asked the original date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    When I asked about the shipping date every one said December 2016 now I see they may ship beta units in early 2017 almost a year after I asked the original date.
    Not sure where you're getting that info, but based on their announcement today, they've been shipping betas and have begun shipping pre-release units.

"Glowforge plans to start large-scale deliveries in December, and will update their schedule forecast at the end of the month after reviewing final results from beta and pre-release customers."

http://community.glowforge.com/t/thanksgiving-update/3519

They've also announced that they've partnered with Flex to manufacture these, which is pretty impressive.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, they have shipped a few beta units and will ship pre release by end of Nov........
    Well see!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others