Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    If you're genuinely curious, I think this is the latest:

http://community.glowforge.com/t/lat...ire-recap/3179
    Curious why I wouldn't be genuinely curious? I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Weil View Post
    Curious why I wouldn't be genuinely curious? I miss something?
    I don't know. But if you are, hopefully that link has what you're looking for and is helpful.

Still haven't seen anyone that has one post

Well, at 3 to 6 large apiece, that pretty much prices themselves out of the mom and the kids "Cricut" market group, and those of us in the "make money with it" group can't see a way to make money with it...

Good luck, GF, yer gonna need it...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

So after a year its still not completely ready for market. But the good news is.... like Apple we have price increases on the new models.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yeah Kev thats why I passed. It's too expensive for a hobby and too cheap for a business. It's a weird sort of in between. Crazy thing is most maker spaces I talked to saw their Epilog's destroyed from constant casual use. I can't imagine what's going to happen to these things. I'm really glad I ducked it when I saw how much gunk my application produces for the filters. If I had to buy the GF filters for what I do I'd go bankrupt. My DIY stuff saves my margins.

3k to $6000 for a GF

are you kidding me for my 10 year old to run on the kitchen counter ROTFLMFAO look what $6000 will buy as a direct import hell for 6 grand you can buy a decent rabbit from Ray. They will never be good enough to make money with. Oh I pity all there people that ordered one of these. But I know they will never ever admit they messed up and they will defend them right to the graveyard.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Well, I about flipped when I first looked at their offering a year after their "launch". Initially looked great at fantastic price. But I quickly realized that it probably won't ever ship and even if it does, they will fail at a tremendous rate. Btw Russ, initial price was closer to the $2k mark the a $3k. Trinket machine. Is all it will be. Laser tube will either heat up and fail quickly or they will limit use when it heats up. No external cooling. Oh, they post a couple of items from the beta users every few weeks. Zero have shipped to buyers...... And they'll miss December ship date too. Can you say class action lawsuit?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Crazy thing is most maker spaces I talked to saw their Epilog's destroyed from constant casual use.
    That does sound a bit crazy, I didn't think you could wear out an Epy like that. My LS900 has run every day for almost 13 years, and I've never changed or adjusted a belt or bearing, never lubed a guide rail. The table screws get some grease once in awhile and the lens an mirrors get an occasional wipe. Machine runs like the day I got it. Knock on my head

That kind of longevity for sure doesn't exist with 'Dixie Cup' Chinese machines, but their prices offset the balance.

Usually.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    That does sound a bit crazy, I didn't think you could wear out an Epy like that. My LS900 has run every day for almost 13 years, and I've never changed or adjusted a belt or bearing, never lubed a guide rail. The table screws get some grease once in awhile and the lens an mirrors get an occasional wipe. Machine runs like the day I got it. Knock on my head

That kind of longevity for sure doesn't exist with 'Dixie Cup' Chinese machines, but their prices offset the balance.

Usually.
    You treat it right though! But in a maker space where people just use it casually, most people mistreat them badly

You treat it right though! But in a maker space where people just use it casually, most people mistreat them badly
    I would agree. That is why rental equipment for DIY jobs is priced so high. People who rent sometimes don't have proper training how to use, nor do they care.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Has this had a mention anywhere yet: http://www.fslaser.com/Muse
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    ...for 6 grand you can buy a decent rabbit from Ray.
    Or $5K for a Full Spectrum system from Rockler.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Or $5K for a Full Spectrum system from Rockler.
    $3,850 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    $3,850 right?
    Yeah, missed that one: that's the 'H' series. I just took a quick look and spotted the $5K special they're running on the 20"x12" 'P' series. (Note that price doesn't include chiller or shipping, so it's really more like $6100.)

Then again, Rockler isn't exactly famous for the lowest prices in town.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.