Thread: Motörhead’s Lemmy Dead at Age 70

Motörhead’s Lemmy Dead at Age 70

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Bummer

Thats a pretty good run for him though considering how much he loved to abuse his heart.

Discovered he had cancer December 26th and died 2 days later. We are only here for a spec of time. He made the most of his time.

Maybe it's my age, but I never heard of Motorhead. I thought maybe they were Click and Clack on NPR.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Lemmy did it his way. Even if you didn't like his music one had to admire the force of nature he was.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Maybe it's my age, but I never heard of Motorhead. I thought maybe they were Click and Clack on NPR.

Mike
    I didn't recognize them either Mike.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

He was a lunatic, and the self professed ugliest man in rock and roll. I met him once when they played a show in New Orleans back in the late 90s I think. He came into the bar I worked at at the time with a stripper on each arm, hot strippers from the best strip club in town, the Maiden Voyage. Partied like it was going out of style, completely over the top. In my bar and then in another strip club down the street. Buying drinks and lap dances, just going out for a well financed party night with 20 or 30 of his best friends. Not my taste in music either but he knew how to live it to the hilt, no doubt about that. Smart and somewhat philosophical when he got in the right mood, or the right level of drunk. Bummer to lose him really, and so fast to boot.

Jon