Thread: Over arm dust collector for a contractor saw ?

Over arm dust collector for a contractor saw ?

Is there an effective over arm dust collector boom for contractor saws? I have a Rockwell model 10 with a 24" fence, which is fine as I do not cut sheet goods with this saw. Locally there is an Excalibur boom set up available. It looks like I could cut it down to 20" or so and mount it on the cast iron wing, but this seems a little heavy for this saw on a mobile base.

Look at http://www.thesharkguard.com/1options.php I was thinking of his system, but moved up to a sawstop PCS. Dan

It looks like the Shark Guard will fit on my saw. Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking primarily about dust control, but I really need to look at keeping some sort of guard on the saw for safety. This saw is in my hobby shop and will get intermittent use. When I was 20 years younger working in a production shop, it was easier to maintain a hyper awareness of an exposed blade.

I have a Sharkguard with the 2.5" dust port on my Bosch 4100 and it really cuts down on the dust spray. I don't have a boom, but rather use a length on Rockler 2.5 wire re-enforced hose and just bungee it to the side of the saw. Eventually I'll come up with an adjustable hanger system for the hose.