View Poll Results: What type of disorder are you fighting for sleep?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't have a sleep disorder and do just fine.

35 48.61%
  • I can't sleep without medication.

2 2.78%
  • I have problems getting to sleep no matter what.

4 5.56%
  • I fall to sleep, wake up, problem getting back to sleep.

30 41.67%
  • I only sleep while at work.

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Problems?

Sleep Problems?

Do you suffer from sleep problems? Or problems just getting to sleep?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

for me....I have problem getting to sleep....when I do get to sleep, I may wake up 1 to 2 hours later and then it's REALLY hard getting back to sleep. Never had these problems until I was over 35.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I went from 20-30 y.o sleeping about 4 hours a night if I was lucky. Now I sleep no problem - physical exhaustion is a great sleeping pill.

I sleep just fine now. I had obstructive sleep apnea several years ago and had a terrible time sleeping peacefully. I had throat surgery that hurt like the dickens to remove extra tissue at the back of the throat and my euvula. Barney Fife says that "all god's chillin got a euvula" but I don't at least not anymore. I had the surgery in my late 30's and haven't had any sleep disorders to speak of since. Once in a while I will have trouble going to sleep but not often but I always wake up early, around 5:30. Who needs an alarm clock anyway?
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

If awakened at 2-4 am, if I don't fall right back to sleep it's kinda over for the night. If a thought pops into my head and I start thinking about something (issue at work, how I'm gonna cut that next piece to fit, that tool I just have to have), I might as well just get up, it's over for the night.

Also, I can't seem to make it through the night without the need to relieve the ol' bladder any more, If y'all know what I mean !!
    Tony

I dont actually need medication. I have sleep apnia and use a bi-pap machine with oxygen supplement. now I sleep all night but after about 2 years I am dozing at work and still cant drive more that an hour at a time. SWMBO does all the long distance driving. I researched apnea on the web when I was being tested for it. I may look wierd when I gi to sleep but I will wake up using this stuff.

Roger

Why god made a body that needs 8 hours of sleep and a bladder that lasts for 7 hours is beyond me!! (I don't know who said it, but I sure laughed at it!)

Anyway, no real sleep problems to speak of. Other than falling to sleep once in awhile if I am thinking of a problem or such. Also, sometimes it is hard to fall back to sleep
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Until recently, my only sleep disorder was insomnia during working hours.

Post-retirement, biggest problem is my dog, who thinks it's time to go to the park as soon as the sun is up.

9. Sleep, who needs it, I'll sleep when I'm dead!

I really wish I did not have to sleep, I usually get 4 to 5 hours a night, and that is enough, I'm a busy guy, and I kind of resent the 4 or 5 hours a day I loose for sleep!

Oh well, even the best cordless tool need to recharge the batteries now and then!

When I do hit the hay it is about 2 minutes and I'm out like a light. In fact, if I have a fairly quiet, somewhat dim or dark place, and I want to sleep, I can be out in about 5 minutes. I often take a 20 to 30 minute nap around 3 PM, this helps me a lot.

Cheers!

I have sleep apnea have been sleeping with a c pap machine fore about ten years now, I can't sleep without it. If the electric goes off during the night it feels like someone's trying to smother you. I'm looking into getting a backup generator

I also have Sleep Apnea along with other things and use a Bi-Level machine with full face mask to sleep. For the last year or so I have had to use sleep meds to be able to sleep. If I forget to take them, I am in for one restless night.

We seem to always have power outages here for one reason or another and so I am looking into getting a new machine that will run 115/DC so that I can use it in the motor-home during outages, I will find out tomorrow. During the storm last week it went out again and like Gil says, it is a rude awakening.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley
    Now I sleep no problem - physical exhaustion is a great sleeping pill.
    Amen, brother! The sad part for me is, I can't even really take a day off (and do nothing physical). If I do, I won't sleep well, it's like my body is addicted to the work. Otherwise, I can pretty much drop on command, anywhere, anytime, and I don't necessarily need dark or quiet, but I don't feel zombie-like until late evening.

Jason
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Up until I re-injured my back I would get to sleep just fine. But now I wake up at all hours with pain in my leg and back even with meds.

Ever since LOML and I got one of those sleep number matresses we both seep a ot better. I have been told that when the Russians first started space travel they found that a slice of white cheese would help the cosmonaughts sleep. Something in it is a natural sleep aid.

I wake up in the middle the night, hop on SMC till I don't have any new posts to read, find myself still awake, walk back into the bedroom, watch MSnBC First Look until Imus comes on, By that tim I really want to watch Imus, but I am ussually too tired and fall back to sleep for a 1/2 hour then get up.

JOe