Thread: Windows 10 and Corel

Windows 10 and Corel

Is anyone else finding some major changes to CorelX5 when upgrading to window 10? I lost a lot of my menu bars and cant get them back with anything I have tried.
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8

Took literally 10 seconds. https://community.coreldraw.com/talk.../f/544/t/50637

Program compatibility when going to Windows 10 really shouldn't be a concern for most applications. In this forum, the only time you should be concerned is if you're running software that actually runs a rotary engraver. Those types of programs will have compatibility issues sometimes. If the program works for Vista or better, you likely won't have an issue. If it's something before then, you might.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

menu bars are still there just invisible if you run your cursor were there suppose to be you will see them. I had so much trouble with video I went back to win 7 oops Ross sorry never looked at your link I new from being there done that LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

right-click your mouse in the menu bar area, a drop-down will appear with all available menu items, just check what you want and uncheck what you don't. The new menu item will appear in the main working area. On the left side of every menu item is a 'handle', with your mouse, grab the handle and you can drag it up to the menu bar. All menu bar items can be moved where you want them with those handles...

hope this helps
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I had the same problem with the menu bar. Since Win10 has white text on white menu bar it's just invisible (super smart) Just create a new main menu bar and copy the items from the main menu bar to your new one, and everything is fine

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8

FWIW, there are a lot of people trying various "fixes". However, in most cases I am aware of, simply getting X4 installed on Win10 has the side effect of breaking the start button (and the search window next to it). It also breaks at least some of the 'modern' apps. I have replicated this many times. But, if you get it installed and set compatibility to XP-SP3, you get the normal menus!
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.