Thread: Baltimore Woodworking Show

Baltimore Woodworking Show

Anybody going? I notice that Chantilly is back on schedule, and only a month after Baltimore Show. What hurts is Chantilly is only a couple minute from Dullies, but the airline my son works for only flies to Reagan from here.

I'm planning on going to Baltimore Saturday.

I went 2 years ago but was pretty much focused only on turning then. Lots more to explore now.

I typically go to the shows somewhere when traveling for work. If you had a choice between both locations, I recommend Baltimore because of the Lee Valley presence; they aren't at the Virginia show this year. You can find some decent deals from the Bosch dealers at those shows but most other things you can purchase for the same or less money online. Some of the classes prove decent. You get good ideas from some demonstrations but avoid the gimmicks. Roland was at the show in the past and always offers good advice. Miss Makita is on the schedule for Baltimore so I am guessing Makita will also have a strong presence there.
    Last edited by Rich Riddle; 01-03-2016 at 7:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Anybody going? I notice that Chantilly is back on schedule, and only a month after Baltimore Show. What hurts is Chantilly is only a couple minute from Dullies, but the airline my son works for only flies to Reagan from here.
    Its very very easy to get to Dulles from Reagan. Take i 66 West and get off the Dulles exit. About 30 minutes maximum travel time, probably less. Or you could take the Metro from Reagan to Dulles. I believe the metro now runs all the way out to Dulles.

Sorry to disappointing you but metro not ready yet.

Ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Its very very easy to get to Dulles from Reagan. Take i 66 West and get off the Dulles exit. About 30 minutes maximum travel time, probably less. Or you could take the Metro from Reagan to Dulles. I believe the metro now runs all the way out to Dulles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard Nemirovsky View Post
    Sorry to disappointing you but metro not ready yet.

Ed.
    Wow, can't believe they are still working on this. Good to know though.

Why would Dullies want the METRO to run there when their second largest source of revenue is parking fees, same as most airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I typically go to the shows somewhere when traveling for work. If you had a choice between both locations, I recommend Baltimore because of the Lee Valley presence; they aren't at the Virginia show this year. You can find some decent deals from the Bosch dealers at those shows but most other things you can purchase for the same or less money online. Some of the classes prove decent. You get good ideas from some demonstrations but avoid the gimmicks. Roland was at the show in the past and always offers good advice. Miss Makita is on the schedule for Baltimore so I am guessing Makita will also have a strong presence there.
    Rich, I'm thinking of getting the Bosch glide saw. You think there's any chance they'll have a deal on it there?
    Last edited by Dan Masshardt; 01-03-2016 at 4:49 PM.

Decrease traffic in the region and cleaner air. I'm not sure the airport authority has any say over it and if they do, I don't remember what their opinion was, I moved away in 2005. http://www.dullesmetro.com/

Kind of interesting that the Dulles show is on The Woodworking Shows website but it is not on the Dulles Expo Center website. The Expo Center indicates a Golf Show that weekend.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    I've not been to one of these since they stopped holding it in Chantilly. I always enjoyed it though and am very tempted to go to Baltimore because Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton will be exhibiting there: "Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton will be demonstrating Period furniture construction techniques used to produce many different pieces made in the beautiful an historic Shenandoah valley of Virginia. We will have several pieces which come completely apart so you can see exactly how the joinery needed should fit. We will demonstrating each through out the weekend show. We have our Winchester, Virginia desk with 13 secret compartments ( seen on PBS's The Wood Wright's Shop and offered thru Popular Woodworking video's) along with a Winchester Virginia tall case clock and a VA/NC hunt board, along with a Philadelphia card table originally made by Thomas Affleck, and a miniature ( child size ) highboy and more. Please stop by and say "Hello". We will have line drawings and a CD's of limited construction pictures available as long as they last."

That's right up my alley.
    Mark Maleski

Mark,

This sounds like a must see booth - What is the name of the guild that will be showcasing this? This isn't listed on the sight as a seminar/talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Maleski View Post
    I've not been to one of these since they stopped holding it in Chantilly. I always enjoyed it though and am very tempted to go to Baltimore because Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton will be exhibiting there: "Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton will be demonstrating Period furniture construction techniques used to produce many different pieces made in the beautiful an historic Shenandoah valley of Virginia. We will have several pieces which come completely apart so you can see exactly how the joinery needed should fit. We will demonstrating each through out the weekend show. We have our Winchester, Virginia desk with 13 secret compartments ( seen on PBS's The Wood Wright's Shop and offered thru Popular Woodworking video's) along with a Winchester Virginia tall case clock and a VA/NC hunt board, along with a Philadelphia card table originally made by Thomas Affleck, and a miniature ( child size ) highboy and more. Please stop by and say "Hello". We will have line drawings and a CD's of limited construction pictures available as long as they last."

That's right up my alley.

Mike, I believe they're setting up their own booth representing their woodworking school, Woodworking Workshop of the Shenendoah Valley. I've taken a class there and learned a ton.
    Mark Maleski