Thread: Bosch or Makita CMS

Question Bosch or Makita CMS

My 15 year 10" Delta has seen better days. I have narrowed my research down to the Makita slider or the Bosch slider. Feedback or recommendations appreciated. I haven't decided on a 10 or 12 inch. The saw will be permanently placed in my basement shop.

Thanks.

EG

I owned the Makita 1013 10" and gave it to a friend who loved it. It was replaced with the ten inch Bosch. By an extremely slight version, I prefer the Bosch to the Makita. The new Bosch mechanism makes it highly popular with folks. Needing mobility, I never considered the 12" saw for permanent use, so my recommendation would be the Bosch 10" CM10GD. It reviews about as good as the Festool Kapex.

I bought the Bosch 10 inch about 6 months ago.... It's Fantastic......

Robert

The Makita 1016 is a smooth running machine, but it has a fatal flaw in my opinion. I picked one up a couple of months ago for a railing job, which is since finished. The saw is a pleasure to use; soft start, very smooth rails, great bevel mechanism, powerful direct drive motor. With a full kerf blade it made incredibly accurate cuts in hickory.

The fence was my only concern with the saw before buying and it has already been a headache. It is the most difficult saw I have ever aligned. I almost gave up and took it back. I finally got it within 2 thou and off to the job site we went. It made it through a month of very demanding cuts/angles without incident. I did not have a chance to check how the alignment held up, however. Doing a favor for the client, after the railing was done, I managed to snap the fence in half on a kickback. Totally my fault and knew better than to make the cut, but snapped in half!

The local vendor that sold me the Makita was encouraging me to get the Bosch. My hesitation was the awkward balance I felt in carrying the saw, which is not a concern in your case. Several technicians at this supplier told me that of all the Bosch glides they have sold, only 2 or so have been back for service. Very reliable saw, in other words.

The Makita would be a great machine if the fence weren't so poorly designed. Not easily remedied so Bosch might be the better choice.

Just looked and found the Makita is up to the 1018 model. I am not sure what improvements have been made to the newer versions but I don't regret the Bosch at all.

I have a Makita 1013. It has never been a particularly accurate saw. I use it now for rough framing. If you set it to a bevel cut, it is a pain to get back to 90. The stops don't work very well. The head and rails also seem to have a slight amount of slop in them.

Bosch SLIDER or Bosch GLIDE? Bosch is making both currently.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I bought the Bosch 10" slider and gravity rise table about 6 yrs ago. It is fantastic. Upfront controls for bevels, miters, built in crown molding stops for common spring angles and super handy side extension supports. It replaced an older Makita LS1012 saw and the Bosch has been an absolute pleasure to use. The slides do require some clearance if you want to work against a wall, but I usually roll the stand out in the shop so it doesn't make any difference to me
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 01-05-2016 at 7:26 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

Thanks for the feedback I have decided to go with the 10" Bosch Glider.