Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

4 Jan 2016

Good Morning Everyone and Welcome to 2016.

Spent the weekend doing things around the house as well as taking time to be with the family for New Years. Cranked up the woodstove for some heat in the house and ready to get back to work today. Should prove to be a busy week at the day job. The LOML and I are now working out to get fit at a local gym. The first time that we've ever done this and we are really enjoying it. Our hope is to lose some weight, feel better about ourselves, and get more fit that the standard couch potato.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past New Year's weekend?

Best of weeks to you to start off 2016 with.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I took delivery of an Adjust-a-Bench. Assembled it and attached wood inserts for the bench vices.

Prince Edward Island, Canada's Ocean Playground
    I spent much of the weekend cleaning up a Buffalo 18 Drill Press so that it can replace a 17" Steel City press. The Steel City is an excellent press for the $300 I paid for it used, but this is the last piece of Asian equipment in the shop so it had to go (to the BIL's garage).

It went from this:

To this:

The spindle is out as it was bent, but a replacement has been found and is on the way. At 400+ lbs it is a solid machine and runs nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Erik

Canada's Atlantic Paradise - Prince Edward Island

You did all that in a single weekend? Wow!

I had some time off work around christmas so I started putting a false floor in my woodshop, I currently have cement but it is cracked and unlevel, a real pain, I have about 1/4 of the shop leveled and plywood on top, doing it in stages so I can shuffle the tools around to make room, in the last few weeks I replaced 2 windows with double hung insulated windows, and then installed a hanging furnace with is wonderful.

My extended "holiday weekend" that started on 24 December continued with more shop time...installing a new, more permanent heating system (Farenheat overhead unit), some between project shop cleaning and some small utility projects to make my hand tools more accessible, yet organized. And now I'm gearing up for the next "big" project.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Spent the weekend with a delayed Christmas celebration with 10 family members staying in our humble abode.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Was a pretty productive long weekend 'round here. I spent a good amount of Friday and Saturday in the shop sorting, cleaning and reorganizing...again. Did the same in my storage building and the compressor room. Also took care of some plumbing vents on the house that had the caps deteriorate to the point of no return. Also sealed up a few spots in the metal roof in the compressor room that were starting to leak. All in all made some nice progress on the "list" and had a good time doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Took a bad fall out in the woods on snowshoes. Broke a bone in my left hand, which is now in a cast. I am straining to consider this an accomplishment.

Built the boxes for two new kitchen cabinets and sanded down a new work bench top.