Thread: Table from 4x4s

Table from 4x4s

Every stick of wood for this table buiild came f\rom four scrap, non-treated 4x4x30" pieces of pine. Awhile back, I made a loft bed for one of tthe GrandBRATS. The 4x4s were posts for the bed. The four I brought home were cut-offs, as being 8' long made the bed to high for the room. Resawed them down to something I could make use of..
    IMAG0054.jpg
    This is before a Witch's Brew was added
    side view.jpg
    Even the blanks for these legs came from a 4x4.
    end view.jpg
    Top is a five "slab" glue up. Underneath the top?
    base squared.jpg
    Those corner blocks came from cut-offs from the aprons, at least the shorter ones. Clamp is to pull the base into square.

Just a PIP, as I still have to rub this coat out, and add a coat of clear Gloss Poly. Cheap table?

it's rare to see turned legs these days..really makes this stand out..cheap yes, but the value is in the crafting & use.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Table will be going to the grandson's bedroom. Since his loft bed used the other ends of those 4x4s, the table will make a TV stand. That way, both the table and loft bed become a set.
    Wipe on BLO/Poly mix is now on board
    front view.jpgend view.jpg
    Just a cheap pine table...

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Table will be going to the grandson's bedroom. Since his loft bed used the other ends of those 4x4s, the table will make a TV stand. That way, both the table and loft bed become a set.
    Wipe on BLO/Poly mix is now on board
    front view.jpgend view.jpg
    Just a cheap pine table...

Looking good!

Blog Entries
    A piece to be proud of for sure. You have some uncommon talent.

There are no scraps in my shop, just materials waiting for a smaller project. Nice work.