Thread: Which miter gauge for contractor saw?

Which miter gauge for contractor saw?

Just looking for some opinions. I have a Bosch contractor saw and would like to upgrade the miter gauge that came with it. What do you recommend or what are you using on your contractor saw for a miter gauge.

Thanks,

John

Here's one you don't hear mentioned much, but it's a good one: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/148...t0QaAhL38P8HAQ That or one of the Incras that suits you.

I have an Incra 1000SE set up for mine. The miter slots in my Bosch saw are a little wider than nominal so I couldn't share miter gauges between the Bosch and the old Unisaw.
    Last edited by Don Sundberg; 01-13-2016 at 9:22 PM. Reason: spelling

I would suggest a well made sled with mitre option. I have a cheap ryobi contractor saw but sleds I have made make very accurate 90's and 45's and cost a lot lest than expensive mitre guages . But if you are doing odd angle.....

Any Incra.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    I have a Craftsman 113 model saw and the Kreg Miter Gauge has been a fantastic improvement to my saw.
    145765.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-13-2016 at 8:59 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Here's one you don't hear mentioned much, but it's a good one: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/148...t0QaAhL38P8HAQ That or one of the Incras that suits you.
    +1 on the osborne eb-3.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

You have a Bosch "jobsite" saw, which is what most contractors actually use. Contractor saws are full size stationary saws. If it'll accept standard miter gauges, the Osborne EB-3 or Incra are both good gauges.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I use Incra V27 with my old contractor saw, it is the most basic of Inca line. a very accurate miter gauge, much better than the OEM gauge.
    http://www.woodcraft.com/product/144...gauge-v27.aspx

Thanks for the tip on the Osborne guys, I just ordered one and it looks like just what I need.

I used to have a Bosch 4000. If that (or its successor) is the saw you have, I have a comment about the Osborne. I did get one of those for my Bosch. It was an excellent gauge, but it was a little too big for the table on the Bosch, and the end of it kept falling off to the left of the table when it was pulled back to accommodate wider boards. So I sold it and got an Incra. Now that I have a cabinet saw, the Osborne would be no problem.

Blog Entries
    I have the Incra 1000HD and think it is a nice unit. I don't think you could go wrong with the Incra, Kreg, or the Osborne. I would see which one I could get the best deal on.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Thank you everyone for your comments. It gives me some good information.

John

I had a Bosch 4100 and the miter slots were wider than the standard .750. Mine had slots closer to .765 or more, can't remember the exact number. Makes for a lot of slot. As a result, you'll want a miter gauge which has a cam system like the Incra models or some other method of fitting an undersized (yet standard) miter in the Bosch oversized slots.

+1
    I still use both but not together. The EB-3 is great on a Uni but long for the Bosch 4000 and abrades the table surface.