Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waterstone sources

I should have mentioned that since I'm in no hurry (unless I'm racing something that sails), I always go for the cheapest shipping, which I would imagine is far from the fastest.

Has anyone here used the EMS shipping option from Stu? The Japan post SAL option (unregistered) is $46, 2-3 week delivery for the order I want to place, the EMS option is $73, 5 day delivery and it's traceable. The registered option of the SAL is $58. I'll probably use the cheapest method but I'm curious to hear if anyone has anything to report. 2-3 weeks, for me, go by in the blink of an eye! TIA!

I forgot to add: I'm gonna go for the 'special set', it's such a good value it seems like the best option. And being a carpenter I'm compelled to also order a Kariwaku hammer......I'm always looking for another interesting hammer.....and I always come back to the smooth faced 20oz estwing.....but I've never tried a japanese style hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Has anyone here used the EMS shipping option from Stu? The Japan post SAL option (unregistered) is $46, 2-3 week delivery for the order I want to place, the EMS option is $73, 5 day delivery and it's traceable. The registered option of the SAL is $58. I'll probably use the cheapest method but I'm curious to hear if anyone has anything to report. 2-3 weeks, for me, go by in the blink of an eye! TIA!
    I've used EMS. It works as advertised. Stu often upgrades orders to registered SAL all on his own BTW.

Blog Entries
    I prefer EMS to SAL, I will always upgrade to it.

The tracking is nice as USPS is weird sometimes. Mine are usually 2-3 days from Japan to my door....but then once in a blue moon I get one that sits in a warehouse in america for 3 weeks and then travels the eastern seaboard then finally arrives at my door.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Thanks for the responses! I ended up going with the EMS shipping, I didn't want to wonder when I'd get the order and having insurance on an international order seemed like a good idea.
    In the end I think I'm as excited about the Kariwaku hammer as I am the sharpening gear!