Thread: Outstanding customer service

Wink Outstanding customer service

Just received an order from Lee Valley recently as I decided to take advantage of their free shipping on orders over $40.00, which is never a problem for me to find things to buy-love that place. When I received the box it looked like it had been half ripped open and kicked up and down the driveway several times (it was evident it was packaged properly and the damage had happened during shipping). I opened it to find everything safe and sound except for some drill stops. The package was torn and a couple of stops were missing, so I decided to let them know and called customer service. I found the man on the other end extremely pleasant and he told me no problem he would send out another package of the stops. I offered to send the 5 that had made it back and he told me to keep them and use them for spares. This was the first time I have had to call customer service with them, despite several orders through the years. I was aware of their reputation and not surprised at all, but wanted to share with others who may not know about them. So very few companies stand out like Lee Valley, they are top notch in my book!

Big fan here too. The catalogs are so appealing that I even look repeatedly at things I have no intention of buying and sometimes decide I gotta have it. That's marketing. But it's possible your package was opened and kicked in the driveway.Package stealing was a problem around here over Christmas. Items deemed not worth stealing were sometimes thrown in ditch with box nearby.

Yup. Their Customer Service is second to none. It does makes you keep coming back. Well done Mr. Lee!

+1 on great customer service from Lee Valley.

I have never regretted doing business with Lee Valley. Outstanding customer service and great quality products is a nice mix.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've had a number of contacts with their customer service over the years, and, no question, it is top notch.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Ditto on the above. Great product and service.

Man I wish I would have taken advantage of that free shipping deal! Was just too broke during the holidays!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I wish Mr. Lee was running the big orange and blue empty box stores. Every time I go into one of those I leave frustrated, they don't keep half of their products in stock, always: " we can order it for you".