Thread: 3 phase generation from house hold shop tour

3 phase generation from house hold shop tour

just finished building the system

jack
    English machines

2. Very impressive Jack! Definitely a dream shop.

Cool setup! I got my RPC setup and so far nothing has gone up in smoke so....got to use my Wadkin LQ finally It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I use mine mainly to power my PM70 which is only 15' away from the RPC so I haven't put in a switch like you have, but it looks like it would be really nice. Normally I leave it running as long as I know I'll use the saw in the next 10 minutes. I'm not sure what it's using in KW per hour but I can't imagine it's that much if it's just idling.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Thanks for the tour Jack, that's a cool system. I wish you were closer, I'd love to see the Wadkin Temple in person!

Pretty nice setup Jack. I like the LED amp meters. I don't have 600 volts in my shop, but my 3-phase setup is similar to yours. I have a commercial RPC, so my starter is contained within my RPC. I use contact relays as well, and have 2 stations for energizing my RPC. Have multiple stations is nice. I like your push button switch boxes better than my household toggle switches.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Pretty nice setup Jack. I like the LED amp meters. I don't have 600 volts in my shop, but my 3-phase setup is similar to yours. I have a commercial RPC, so my starter is contained within my RPC. I use contact relays as well, and have 2 stations for energizing my RPC. Have multiple stations is nice. I like your push button switch boxes better than my household toggle switches.

Todd
    Tood i do like the NEMA controls and if there vintage even better I collect vintage motor controls for all the machine too and for my shop made Machine lights. I figure if you can use a light switch to control a machine motor than why not a machine switch to control a light

thanks everyone glade you enjoyed the tour
    jack
    English machines

At 10:00 or so in the video you pan onto a outlet but its focused on a fan.... thought you were gonna tell us that you had found this rare vintage 3-phase fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Busenitz View Post
    At 10:00 or so in the video you pan onto a outlet but its focused on a fan.... thought you were gonna tell us that you had found this rare vintage 3-phase fan
    Jesse that is funny as it is a vintage fan i made but only singa faze

jack
    English machines

That's pretty cool with the vintage switch and all.

Thank you for this post! I need to run some coil control wires for some start stop stations now. I like those! Thank you.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.