Thread: Festool cordless C12 Drill price question

Festool cordless C12 Drill price question

Found this at a local sale sitting by itself. I don't have any Festool stuff as it's usually out of my budget. But thought I would post it in the For Sale section or maybe Ebay if it doesn't sell on this site. But I need your input on price suggestions.

NOTE: this is drill and 3.0amp battery only!! It has a small charge left in the battery so I know it runs. But have no charger or other chuck/driver accessories. (I tried to post a short video of it running but coudln't get it to load)

Any thoughts on what a good price point would be to sell this for?

Thanks
    Ricc Havens
    Elkhart, IN
    Rv.havens AT gmail.comIMG_0283 - Copy.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIMG_0285.JPGIMG_0286.JPGIMG_0287.JPGIMG_0288.JPGIMG_0290.JPGIMG_0289.JPG

No case, charger, chuck(s), and NiMh version. not much.

I recall seeing the last of these NEW, with case, charger, 2 batteries, and drill chuck plus centrotec chuck for $220. Don't forget even the old style systainer that this came with is worth around $50.

Your buyer probably needs to already have other Festool compatable drills to have the chucks, charger, etc. If you find that rare buyer and they want another body and they want the C style drill, then they would probably pay around $50 for this. I would pay that if it was a C15.

Greg,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I too am assuming and hoping that someone with the same model might want a back up drill and battery. Although I can't charge the battery I am assuming it and the drill are both near new as neither one have hardly any marks or signs of wear. The battery does have some juice as the drill does run. So, I am assuming due to the lack of scratches and such that it is near new although I can't guarantee it.

Anyone else have any thoughts or comments?

Thanks
    Ricc Havens

Lightly used and well taken care of is pretty common on Festool. Probably like finding a lot of LV and LN planes in perfect condition.

That tool was probably replaced by the Lithium C12 5-6 years ago but I think, not sure, that the chargers will charge both.

Festool batteries are cheap. I just bought an extra 4.2ah battery for my T15 for $30. Their biggest battery, the 18v 5.2ah is $65, less than half what the same is for my Makita.

I think the best place to sell it is on Festool Owners Group as you have to find that rare buyer that has a compatible drill and wants an extra.

I don't really have a thought on the value but my guess is that it was stolen. Otherwise why would the seller not have the rest of the kit with it?

Greg, thanks for the input, I will check into festoon owners groups.

John, it was my original thought when I got it at the local sale so I called the local police department to check but they didn't have any theft reports involving Festool items.

Ricc

Actually the Festool batteries for THIS drill are not cheap - close to $80 each just for the nicads. Ricc, just sent you an email, I have a light interest in it as I have the exact drill and recently rebuilt my batteries for it...

JT

I have posted it in the classifieds section accepting offers.

Thanks
    Ricc