Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Homestead 40x80x12

Blog Entries
    Looking great. I see I am not the only fan of Baja Bugs on the forum!

Windows are in

And the truss purlins are all on the building now. 8 of the 9 windows were installed, I was curious why the 9th wasn’t and we found it on the ground broken glass and all. Another minor annoyance. Hopefully if the rain holds off on Monday they will be framing the lean-to on the south side of the building, then metal after that. Next week looks pretty rainy, so I’m not holding my breath. I would like the building to be mostly done by August 15 as we have the electrician and power company on site to install my main breaker panel and service.

MAX_0001.00_00_22_29.Still002.jpgMAX_0001.00_00_07_07.Still001.jpgMAX_0001.00_00_40_10.Still003.jpgMAX_0001.00_01_21_15.Still004.jpgMAX_0001.00_01_44_29.Still005.jpg

And now your daily drone montage, with a fly through for Bruce Page...

Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 08-05-2017 at 7:33 AM.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Looking great. I see I am not the only fan of Baja Bugs on the forum!
    That's actually the neighbors house next door. Not sure what all his plans are for the bug.
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Your neighbor and I would get along well. I love the window placement. Maybe add one more in the back overlooking that lovely field. This is going to be quite the shop- wish I had the room for that.

Loved the fly through! Thanks!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Your neighbor and I would get along well. I love the window placement. Maybe add one more in the back overlooking that lovely field. This is going to be quite the shop- wish I had the room for that.
    We absolutely are putting one there. However the window was broken on site, so they need to go fetch a replacement before it gets installed. Great minds think alike
    Jeff

We have a Wall!

Well, one wall at least. And a couple doors installed today. Also the insulation on each gable end is on. Not a whole lot of progress, hopefully we’ll step it up this week as we are expecting rain on Thursday and Friday. Also had some excitement Sunday morning as a Tornado touched down within a mile of the building. No damage other than some trees uprooted. Tulsa got it much worse with the 3 Tornados they got.

IMG_1060.jpgIMG_1063.jpgIMG_1064.jpgIMG_1066.jpg

And your daily drone video:

Jeff

Raise the Roof

We have a roof, we have a roof. The crew grew by one and the 4 guys got the roof installed today. It looks great and now you really have a sense of how big a space it is when you walk inside the shop. I’m pleased with the space and can visualize now where things will go and how much open floor space we will have. Remember this is a multi use facility, so there will be open areas for other activities.

IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1072.jpgIMG_1073.jpg

Jeff

VERY nice! Congrats on the progress.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    VERY nice! Congrats on the progress.

Thanks Jim. Slowly but surely we're getting there.
    Jeff

Side Walls Complete

August 9th: The crew made good progress today and completed the wainscoat and sheeting on both side walls today. They also power washed the slab and got up most of the oil that was spilled from the boom lift last week. It doesn’t look bad now, so I’m satisfied with the result. We still have the west end wall to complete and a window to install, which is now on the job site. The 10x20 lean to on the South side of the shop still needs to be built, so I don't think they are going to finish this week.

The next 5 days are forecast to bring 5 inches of rain. So I’m expecting progress to grind to a halt if it’s raining during work hours. Hopefully we won’t get much, but no problem, it’ll just be muddy if we do.

IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1074.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1081.jpg
    Jeff

Wow...pretty soon you can start the "real work" of getting that interior fitted out for your plans!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looking good, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wow...pretty soon you can start the "real work" of getting that interior fitted out for your plans!
    Yes indeed! I will be building out the living quarters first, per my wife, so that we can move in sooner rather than later. The shop area will be a work in progress for a while, lot's of tasks to accomplish there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    Looking good, man!
    Thank you sir!
    Jeff

Almost Done!

Except for a few cosmetic fixes and 10H×12W Garage doors, I think it is done. Our door installation is scheduled for Tuesday August 15th. I will be on site doing some tractor work while the installer puts up the insulated commercial grade doors on the shouse.
    Overall I’m satisfied with the build. There are a couple “nits” that I have. I am a very picky person by nature when it comes to building things. I’ll address those issues with the builder and they can make it right. Here are some pictures from Thursday August 10th and today August 12th, and video from today.

IMG_1101.jpgIMG_1099.jpgIMG_1097.jpgIMG_1098.jpgIMG_1088.jpgIMG_1084.jpgIMG_1083.jpgIMG_1082.jpg

Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 08-12-2017 at 3:15 PM.
    Jeff