Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comcast, you gotta love to hate them

Speaking of my ever loving cable company Comcast, has anyone heard if they are bringing back the YES network now that they got over their hissy fit for a year????
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Troy View Post
    Not looking forward to changing all my emails again and updating everywhere i use emails as conatact info.
    Using a third party email provider saves that headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl View Post
    Comcast does seem to have a lot of bad techs.
    Lately, our private road has been assigned a Tech. And I use that term loosely.
    I told him I don't use IE, but Firefox. What's Firefox, he asked?
    True story.

I am really tempted to switch to AT&T.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Mike,

It sounds like you're saying a rose by any other name is a rose...well I won't shoot the messenger. They are changing their lineup and offering cheaper rates that Time Warner so perhaps some new people/ideas came with the merger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I think Time Warner just changed their name. See here. Looks like Charter is part of Spectrum, also - a merger with Time Warner.

My guess is that the Time Warner name had so much negative connotation that they wanted to get rid of it. A lot of people won't recognize that Spectrum is the same people (and company) as Time Warner was. My wife had Time Warner before we were married. She told me she'd do without TV before ever taking Time Warner again.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Using a third party email provider saves that headache.
    Or get your own domain name and a hosting service. All hosting comes with email and your email will be "personal". It could be a bit more expensive - a domain name is about $10 a year and hosting is what you can find. I probably pay about $50 a year but I have a bunch of different domains and websites.

So your email would be something like mike@yourname.com And if yourname.com is not available, you may be able to get yourname.us or a bunch of other top level domain name.

With that, you're not at anyone's mercy for your email address.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

As a service provide, I despise Comcast. As an employer however, I have to say, it's a dream company to work for. I worked for them many years ago, and it's a company which offers the absolute TOP NOTCH benefits. Not just amazing health insurance, but you get free cable/tv/internet at your house. Not just basic cable either - you get every single thing they have. All the special channels, HBO etc, the phone line, the DVR(only one, others are a monthly fee), and internet at the absolute highest speed they have - F R E E.

Again, as a service company, I've got nothing but bad things to say about them. As an employer, you should be so lucky to work for such an amazing company. That's some real perspective.
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

I saw a news story a couple weeks ago for worst companies and Comcast was rated the #1 worst company both by it's employees and customers...they certainly deserve that award in my opinion.

Aaron