Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website design, hosting and domain name. Where did you go for all this?

Funny you started this because I just started my first. Domain though godaddy and website through weebly.com.

Regardless of where/who/how you build the site, it's really hard to beat amazon web services for hosting.

How much traffic are you gonna see? Mostly people just looking at pics and plucking a name/number/email probably. My AWS bill runs about 2 cents per pageview, and I'm using their DNS. For that I never have to worry about security, downtime, backend stuff, blah blah blah. DNS hosting alone costs more than a whole sloo of hosting stuff from them.

You pay per pageview? I pay nothing per pageview. Unlimited traffic, unlimited space, I get more than 100,000 pageviews a month, last time I bothered looking, probably more than that. I'd be paying $2000 a month at that rate, that's insane.

I built a great web site using WIX. Lots of templates to choose from, all the time I needed to build the site before any fees were incurred, good search engine, and social media capabilities and you can edit the pages to be seen on a mobile device.

Then when I was already to launch - hosted with WIX too - $ 12.45 per month unlimited. You can always upgrade for more stuff - setting up purchase tracking for example. It couldn't have been easier or more user friendly. I have complete access for editing too. Sent the OP a PM about it.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I've used myhosting dot com for many, many years. Very satisfied.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I finally broke down and created a website after my son moved back to Kentucky and wanted to increase the business. I tried one of the websites that was supposed to be easy to build your own site but I just couldn't get it right. I finally found a guy in Lexington KY that creates websites. All I had to do was give him the ideas for how we wanted it to look and to send him pictures of our work. He also makes changes for us (we have done several) and adds pictures after completed projects. It would have took me weeks to do what he does in hours.

I guess my point is that for us, it was worth it not to have to fool with it...and I'm too old to learn some of these new tricks

I use hostpapa.ca, about a $100.00 a year and 1 free domain name basically server space. I have 4 domains on it.

TechniSoft1.com
    TagPrinter.com
    LazerCraft.ca
    LaserCraft.ca

Unlimited space. And use Mozilla KompoZer a wysiwyg website creator. My site is pretty basic and real simple(a dozen or so pages), and gets me all the business 'I want' I advertise nowhere else. Just the website. I find that if I advertise, I end up with more work than I want,(may sound strange, but I work to live and not live to work).
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

A lot of great ideas. Thanks.

Red
    RED