Thread: Delta 22-580 Planer Blade Locking Bar

Delta 22-580 Planer Blade Locking Bar

I hope some one here can help me. I have not been on this forum for quite sometime. Now I am having a problem with my Delta 15" Planer. Last week I fired it up for the first time in a year or more and it immediately made a grinding noise, not good. so I disassembled the planer lubricated every where it was needed looked all over to discover what caused the noise, found nothing. so I reassembled the planer (no extra pieces good so far) once it has been reassembled I manually turned the cutter drum several times and it appeared to be fixed. Then I turned the machine on still all seemed OK. Ihen took the cutoff from my part that needed planing and ran it through the planer no problem it came out great.

Then I took my part that needed planing it was an 8/4 12" wide piece of Elm. After the third pass through the planer there was a loud noise and a piece of the cutter blade flew out and hit me in the leg. when I looked at the blade assembly I saw the that the right end of one of the two blades had been damaged, the "Planer-blade locking Bar. So easy fix right buy a new Locking Bar, Right? It is a discontinued part I have been unable to find any one that has one. The part Number of the part is 899312R.

Anyone have any ideas how I can save this planer from the scrap pile.

Thanks anyone who can help me with this predicament.
    Dick Shryock -- Falmouth, on the Rock Bound Coast of Maine

Buy a Byrd Shelix from Holbren.

Dick Is this a DC-380? 15x6 planer the part you reference is for a 13inch portable planer (best I can make out) actual part i think is 1349383 google it seems to be available at master tool repair. PM me if you need help