Hello.

We recently sold our house and are building a new one. As part of this, I am able to build my own woodworking shop. The zoning on the lot only allows for 985sf. So .. I'm building the shop 985 sf.

I want as few regrets as possible.

So far, this is what I've arranged. The shop is excavated right now. Foundation walls on the house where poured on Friday.

(1) The shop will be 985sf .. but it has a full basement with a 7 foot ceiling height. This building is actually a 2 car garage, so the floor is engineered to be able to park 2 cars on it. My reason for going with a wooden floor are to be able to run dust collection and electrical downstairs. And to have the storage.. I will set up sharpening downstairs as well. There will be a proper set of stairs going down to the basement.

(2) I plan on sheathing the interior walls which are covered in drywall, with 3/8" Plywood first. That will mean setting all electrical boxes at 1" instead of 5/8". The reason is for backing.

(3) This shop will have its own 200 amp panel.

(4) It appears the shop is going to have an 8/12 roof, with Sizzor trusses of 5/12 inside. At 27 feet wide, and with 9' walls, that should net a centerline ceiling height of just over 14'. I plan on doing the ceilings in 1x6 T+G Pine. Walls in Drywall.

(5) The shop will have water and sewer. I plan on putting in a sink.

What I'm hoping for is tips.. For the stuff I will wish I did.

I have a phase converter and a 3 phase panel to install.