Thread: Good source for nails?

Good source for nails?

I buy most of my plain steel, flat head, slotted wood screws from "blacksmith bolt and rivet" company. They have good prices and tons of inventory. However, I'm looking for a place to buy nails. Not shiny nails like those found at the box stores. I mean plain steel nails, both head nails and finish nails. Also, very, very small brad nails. A place where I could buy a box of all lengths of one particular nail. I restore antique furniture if you're wondering.

I can't seem to find a decent supplier online with my searches.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Have you tried Tremont nail?

http://www.tremontnail.com/index.htm

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Tremont nails Jim linked to are what I use, but I tend to buy smaller quantities (of the same product) from Tools for Working Wood. This is nice if you don't need a whole pound of 1" headless brads... that's a lot of headless brads.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

That site is good, but they seem to have only the steel cut nails. Anything for finish nails, head nails and brads?

TFWW has all of those types for sale under the aegis of BT&C cut nails, from 7/8" headless brads up to 8d common nails. If you don't want the cut style, I don't know where to point you.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

If you weren't so far away, you would be welcome to come steal a handful or two of each. I have 50lb. boxes that belonged to my Father, and Grandfather, and I rarely use them.

I would recommend you to Tolls for WW; Joel is good to deal with. I just ordered for the first time from Tremont and was surprised by the 3 buck handling charge. I think lee valley might have some from what C S says in his last book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    If you weren't so far away, you would be welcome to come steal a handful or two of each. I have 50lb. boxes that belonged to my Father, and Grandfather, and I rarely use them.
    Awww man! That sounds like a deal!