Thread: UK Supplier for acrylic glue

UK Supplier for acrylic glue

As title really - I need to find a reliable supplier of glue for acrylic in th eUK (I'd rather buy from a company who I can talk so I get the right products rather than buying from an ebay shop)

So any suggestions I'd be obliged. I seem to remember a recommendation (a member here I believe) but can't find that information again

Thanks

DJ

Are you after the solvent stuff? Hindleys sell it

I'm not 100% sure what I need (hence wanting someone to ask) I want to stick some 3mm acrylic letters to a backing board (biggest is 3" tall so not heavy. I got the impression that the solvent was better for edges than flat bits. I have thought about using the 3m double sided material, as I can get the sheets already applied so that would make it an easy and clean operation. I have approx 800 letters to apply and 1200 small elements as well, so I'd rather something quick and clean.

Its for indoor use so nothing industrial although I might be making a huge version as well (I'll probably have to sub that out I guess)

I'll google hindleys and give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

DJ
    Last edited by Dave Hutton; 02-09-2016 at 2:36 PM.

hi there
    I make my own I use small pieces of the acrylic then dissolve it in aceton until its totally dissolved like coffee cream.
    maybe this helps
    greetings
    waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hutton View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what I need (hence wanting someone to ask) I want to stick some 3mm acrylic letters to a backing board (biggest is 3" tall so not heavy. I got the impression that the solvent was better for edges than flat bits. I have thought about using the 3m double sided material, as I can get the sheets already applied so that would make it an easy and clean operation. I have approx 800 letters to apply and 1200 small elements as well, so I'd rather something quick and clean.

Its for indoor use so nothing industrial although I might be making a huge version as well (I'll probably have to sub that out I guess)

I'll google hindleys and give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

DJ