Thread: laser brick stencil

laser brick stencil

Does anyone laser stencils on bricks for sandblasting and color filling.
    If so, what materials and paint etc. are suggested.
    Thanks,Chris
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Anchor 116 stencil and Lithichrome paint are pretty much all I use. Rust oleum 2X works well for anything not really exposed to much weather and costs about 1/4 what Lithichrome does.

Thanks Gary,
    Is the material vinyl or can you apply to the brick and laser?
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

It's rubber.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It's polyester based. Apply to the brick and laser away! Anchor is one of the few stencil materials that are polyester instead of vinyl. You can also kiss-cut the stencil in the laser, apply transfer tape, then apply to your substrate. That works well for larger/heavier items, but not so well for smaller items.

It's polyester? We use 2 different Anchor ones, one pink and one tan and they are both rubber. I haven't seen the thinner polyester ones.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks all

I was told by the people at Anchor that they are all polyester based, maybe polyester based rubber?