Thread: lee valley pricing

Question lee valley pricing

Has anyone else noticed price swings {up and down and up again} online at lee valley's website? Prices also vary from 2016 catalog compared to online.

Blog Entries
    It probably has to do with the Canadian dollar fluctuating against our dollar. Right now the Canadian dollar is worth 72 cents against the US dollar.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I put a spokeshave in my cart today and by the time I came back to the site maybe a hour latter the price jumped from $95 to $109.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence munninghoff View Post
    I put a spokeshave in my cart today and by the time I came back to the site maybe a hour latter the price jumped from $95 to $109.
    You might want to check what currency that amount is in. I've noticed that their website "forgets" what country I'm in and gives prices in Canadian dollars sometimes. There is a button at the top of the page to set your country (and thus the currency).

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence munninghoff View Post

What mark said.
    If you look at that spokeshave in US dollars it is $95, Canada dollars $109

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...42&cat=1,50230

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...42&cat=1,50230
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 02-14-2016 at 8:56 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

thanks. I was in Canada. I had no idea.

I was in Canada last weekend, and my $95 was worth $125.
    Gerry

JointCAM