Thread: Sawstop Contractor Saw Question

Sawstop Contractor Saw Question

Greetings, Does anyone own the Sawstop contractor saw? How do you like it? How effective is the dust collection feature?

My old Delta contractor saw is on the blink....probably should go the Sawstop route.

Thanks in advance.

So many threads on this already. You might get some flak for starting another. I own a SS PCS so I cant comment on the contractor saw, but from everything Ive read its great just very expensive for what it is.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    So many threads on this already. You might get some flak for starting another. I own a SS PCS so I cant comment on the contractor saw, but from everything Ive read its great just very expensive for what it is.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...s-saw-opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    ... from everything Ive read its great just very expensive for what it is.
    The stock fence and steel wings are kinda weak offerings on a $1700 saw IMO ....cast wings and a T-Glide fence bring it up over $2k. At some point the PCS starts to look like the better value to me...more money, but more saw for sure.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I agree with Scott. I had the contractor saw (bought used) and upgraded to the cast iron wings and t-glide fence. I ended up upgrading this saw to an ICS when I found a used on available in the area. If I were buying today, I would opt for the PCS over the Contractor saw.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    The stock fence and steel wings are kinda weak offerings on a $1700 saw IMO ....cast wings and a T-Glide fence bring it up over $2k. At some point the PCS starts to look like the better value to me...more money, but more saw for sure.
    Very agreed. Thats why I ended up with a PCS. Just better bang for the buck.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have the contractor saw with cast wings and 52" fence. Been using it since before the PCS came out, so it was the $2k contractor or the $4k ICS. Easy choice back then. No complaints. Good saw, fantastic dust collection for a contractor saw. About three years ago I made baffles between the legs and hooked it up to a 6" feed to a 3hp Oneida. That was the best move ever. I might consider the PCS if I made the choice today, but to b honest, the contractor saw has left me wanting for nothing

I have one and I like it a lot. It is a nice saw.

I have contractor with a 36" t-glide and cast iron wings. I thing it is a find saw. I chose it over the cabinet saws because I am in the military and I have to think about weight since I move around every 3 years or so. The dust collection is pretty decent for a non cabinet saw. It doesn't get everything but I'd say it is over 90%

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Shaefer View Post
    I have the contractor saw with cast wings and 52" fence. Been using it since before the PCS came out, so it was the $2k contractor or the $4k ICS. Easy choice back then. No complaints. Good saw, fantastic dust collection for a contractor saw. About three years ago I made baffles between the legs and hooked it up to a 6" feed to a 3hp Oneida. That was the best move ever. I might consider the PCS if I made the choice today, but to b honest, the contractor saw has left me wanting for nothing
    Do you have a picture of how you did the baffles?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Shaefer View Post
    Like Richard, I bought mine before the PCS was out. Upgraded wings, rail / fence, and mobility kit. Added outfeed table, router table to the right, dust control and storage below.

Today I would buy the PCS. I don't know anything about the jobsite saw though.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by chase standifer View Post
    Do you have a picture of how you did the baffles?
    im out of state right now and will get pics this week. It's still got the mobile base on it, which is comical to a level you'll understand when you see the pics. It's kinda gone from Voyager to V'Ger, if you get the Star Trek reference