Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3520b Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Green View Post
    Called Powermatic tech support had me up and running in 15 minutes. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Inquiring minds are curious as to what the resolution actually was?

That was my question which I typed up long time ago then got distracted by an icing problem on a heat pump fan...

For all those who tried to help and for others who may have this problem in the future, consider posting what the problem was and what the fix was. Unless perhaps if it is too embarrassing. Then maybe a hint would be sufficient.

JKJ

He had me reset the inverter by letting it sit for thirty minutes with no power at all. Simple as that.
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Green View Post
    He had me reset the inverter by letting it sit for thirty minutes with no power at all. Simple as that.
    Based on my experience you might see if it happens again and if so insist they replace the inverter.

I had a similar issue with one of my Jet 1642s (also with a Delta inverter, same series but smaller model) The problem in my case was whenever the power was interrupted for a short time the VFD would quit and display an error message. This happened so regularly I eventually just left it plugged in all the time. Waiting worked when this first started happening, then later I had to wait plus plug and unplug multiple times until the thing finally reset. After a few years of this the thing died completely, kaput, no LED display or anything. After some debugging I ended up buying a new inverter (different brand) and programmed that to work.

JKJ

Thanks for the follow up.

It does seem a bit strange, hopefully it was a transient.