Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Hobby....

Our Hobby....

every one needs a hobby, thought I'd show what our family does. My son chris is on my grandfathers 1926 Huber that my dad now owns, and my dad is on the John Deere 60 standard. Son Steve and I paint them after Dad restores them. There are about 8 more in the barn in the picture...some Molines, couple more John Deeres and a 1936 Silver King. Later on when I get mine done I'll put up some pics of her. Thanks for looking!

what an interesting hobby and it's a great thing to preserve an important part of agricultural history! Would like to hear more about how you find the tractors to restore, where you get parts and the effort needed to restore them. And more pictures for sure.
    Last edited by Chuck Wintle; 09-12-2005 at 5:07 PM.

Restoring vintage tractors is a wonderful way to preserve not only the machines, but the culture. Bravo!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks like you're subliminally trying to convert all those Lion's fans neighbors of yours with your choice of tractor color (Go Pack). Very nice work, reminds me of the days I used to drive my grandfathers old Model A or Farmall Model H when we would help out making hay.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Those are realy cool. I remember growing up and visiting my uncles farm and riding around on his tractors. He had a little ford tractor he used to let me drive. I was too small to handle the big John Deer's.

A Packer fan and now this. Restored John Deere's.

Steve, let me see if the govenor will annex your part of Michigan into Wisconsin.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Nice tractors. I also like that old gas pump in the background.

So that's why you stiffed us this weekend? "lol" Keith told me you were hangin with your Pops.
    Jim

Nice looking machines, Steve.

If you get RFD-TV (dish network ch.9409), they have several programs about "old iron." One show is called "Classic Tractor Fever." Now and then, they will have a show about one of the "Threshers Reunions."

As I recall, the Huber is rather hard to come by.

Swap those out for what is in the barn, show us the rest of the collection.
    Best Regards, Ken

Here are a couple of pics of some of our 'old iron'... as you can tell we are into a different color than Green.... LOL....
    FIL is a die hard Case man.... this is just some of the stuff he has... there have been a few additions since these pics were taken...
    FIL used to be president of the JI Case Collectors Association.... he dearly loves his Flambeau Orange machines... as well as the Grey ones..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Mullane
    Hagerstown, MD
    If you work with your hands you are a laborer
    If you work with your hands and head you are a craftsmwn
    If you work with your hands, head and heart you are an artist

Way to go, Steve! Nice color choice! Those really are some great looking machines! Kudo's to the Ash family for preserving that part of our heritage!

And Tom, turns out your FIL is a Wisconsin fan, as well! (You DO know where the point of origin for those Case units is, right? )

Anyhow, what I really want to know is, when do you guys find the time to do any WW?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks guys...now to answer a few questions. Charles a couple of these tractors were dad's when he farmed but the majority we have found just driving the backroads, a couple of the Molines he has were bought at a auction sale. Parts aren't too bad as John Deere still has some parts available.

Mark maybe (Go Pack) you have something (Go Pack) with the subliminal message (Go Pack) thing.

Karl, Wouldn't bother me to be a cheesehead!

Matt, the gas pump is a real old one with brass controls, and if you look real close the globe is a Packer G. Sorry Mark, there I go again.

Jim, sorry about that....anytime I can spend with my Dad (he's 80) I just gotta do..but I know you all would understand. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Ken, yep the Huber is rare. My Grandfather bought it in 1937 and used it on his threshing machine and his sawmill. Dad has them all neatly tucked away for the upcoming winter, but next spring I'll get more pics when he takes them out.

Tom, we aren't color blind to just green, we have 4 Molines, and the 1936 Silver King I posted below....that's Dad and his newest addition not quite done. My son Steve Jr. painted that one. Jr. and I have painted all but 1 of his tractors.

John, somehow I manage to find the time for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash

Tom, we aren't color blind to just green, we have 4 Molines, and the 1936 Silver King I posted below....that's Dad and his newest addition not quite done. My son Steve Jr. painted that one. Jr. and I have painted all but 1 of his tractors.

In fact, take a look on the wall there behind Mr. Ash. Is that a Case emblem?

Keith

One more

as long as I'm posting pics, thought I'd show you my tractor. It is a 1944 John Deere B that my dad gave me when he retired in '93. I am quite fond of her not only was she my Dad's but I spent a lot of time on this old girl as a youngster. We used her for the hay elevator, grain auger and she saw some time planting corn and beans with a two row planter,cultivator and bean puller. When we expanded to 6 row equiptment then she was no longer needed as a field tractor and just was used for the elevator and auger.
    I am just about ready to start painting her and get it all put back together so she looks like a tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Starosta
    In fact, take a look on the wall there behind Mr. Ash. Is that a Case emblem?

Keith
    Yep it sure is Keith.