Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone seen a woodworking joint like this?

Erik

As you can see from the details, I am not a trained woodworker, but still made a firm joint. I am sure you guys could do it much faster and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Nornes View Post
    Ok

I hope I didn’t offend you. Did not know if you visited my blog or just saw the attached photos to this post. I agree with you. The air needs to be there, but it doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
    No offense at all, yep checked out the blog, needed to figure out what it was actually doing.

Blog Entries
    I would think it would be even stronger if you slipped filler pieces into the slots after the four tenons are depressed into the pyramidal hole. What does the other face side of the board look like?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Very Cool! I'm with Lee S. in that a contrasting wood insert in the open slots would make a nice design feature, and probably improve the overall strength. A shape other than simply square would be especially pleasingI think.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Lee

I believe you are right, but I have not tested it. I have updated my blog post with a picture of the other side of the board where the joint is slightly pulled out. I hope that helps.