Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Pine T&G- what kind of color change should I expect?

White walls used at the Anthony Hay Shop in Colonial Williamsburg...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Redlin; 02-25-2016 at 9:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. I see what you mean.

Awesome machinery, btw!
    Thanks. This shop has evolved since early 2000 from just that area over where the big window is out to a ~22'x30' area. The original portion remains my favorite and is where the meat of the work gets done outside of the important work at the slider and J/P That other end just doesn't "feel" as nice. My next step is to insulate the ceiling in my copious free time when funds allow. That will be a major improvement and make my heating much more efficient and less costly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If left un-finished, the panelling should look like what I have in my place in about 46 years.

Since you are in a basement, I would consider a whitewash finish to add some light in what is usually a dark area. I have painted the OSB on my shop walls, and in the process of installing primed beaded paneling on the ceiling, and what a difference the reflected light makes.

Everything I have read on basement shops says to make it as bright as possible to eliminate the dark feeling; but not so bright that you have to wear sunglasses while using the bandsaw.