Thread: MJ Splitter Question

MJ Splitter Question

I have six table saw blades that I use for different cuts. I just got an MJ Splitter to try. I made a ZCI for each blade and want to use a splitter on each one. Wondering if I can reuse the drill guide to drill all the inserts.Then I could just move the splitter to the needed insert.

If I need to buy 5 more kits to get a drill guide, it might make more sense to get a shark guard or some other splitter.

Has anyone reused the drill guide for this purpose? Any experiences to share?

What do you think?

Thanks
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

I made several ZCIs with the one drill guide. It was a few years ago, but I don't recall it being a problem.
    The metal one is much better than the plastic one, especially if you will be moving it frequently. (though I don't even know if they still make the metal and plastic ones)

Blog Entries
    Wondering if I can reuse the drill guide to drill all the inserts.Then I could just move the splitter to the needed insert.
    This is just what I did when I used one. I had some irregularity but, the offsets on the different inserts made this no problem. Once I found the insert that lined up best I just wrote +, ++ or 0 or whatever the proper one was right on the insert with felt pen.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

As long as you're not switching between regular and thin kerf blades, you should be fine using the same guide. I believe there is a whole seperate kit for each width.