Thread: Parts for vintage PM 50 Jointer

Parts for vintage PM 50 Jointer

A few years ago I purchased a '65ish PM50. Got it broken down today and going through everything. I need a couple of parts that I see already, but I don't know where to find them. A search of the auction site didn't yield much. I don't want to part this thing out, but I'm hitting a dead end.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Arizona Hardwoods and Woodworking Machinery in Phoenix AZ has a large warehouse stuffed with old woodworking machinery. Most not in good enough condition to sell in working order. For the past few years they have been parting them out on Craig's list and ebay. I'd contact they to see if they have a PM50 they will part out.

602-233-9663

I don't know the year but at ereplacementparts.com http://www.ereplacementparts.com/sea...=PM-50+jointer they have diagram and parts for sale.

I have dealt with them and am a happy customer.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

4. Check over at the OWWM.com site. They have a section devoted to buying and selling parts on old machinery. Join and post a wanted to buy ad for the parts you are looking for. Good group of folks who can definitely steer you in the right direction for what you need. It is their specialty. I happen to own the very same jointer you have, mine is vintage 1962. Good quality machine.

Harold

Redmont machinery will likely have what you want, but you'll pay for it. Plaza machinery is another avenue.

But I'd go to OWWM BOYD first, then eBay.

Joe - I'll give them a call and see what they have

Ken - I checked there too (regular customer ) The one they have isn't quite the same as mine

Harold/Matt - I registered with OWWM...hopefully I can find the BOYD link. Didn't show when I was browsing.

Thanks for the info ya'll. Hopefully something will pan out. If not, I'll just clean it up and try to sell to someone who has more time than I do to get off into this thing.

You'll have access to BOYD when you register. There might be a post count minimum but I'm not sure. Make sure you read the rules before posting.

Don't forget eBay.