Thread: Excellent Bandsaw blade

Excellent Bandsaw blade

Bought a Timber wolf bandsaw blade for my 20 inch bandsaw. 3/4 inch 3 tip .025 hook tooth.I am very pleased with the cut.The weld was near perfect.Or as good as it can get.
    Heres a 8 inch resawing in popler with a feather board.
    I am comparing this blade to Lenox and Olsen my usual blades I buy.
    This blade is 178 inches and under 60 dollars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm just jealous you can resaw a board that wide and have it stay flat

If you think the TimberWolf is good, you should go for a TriMaster next time: it will make the TimberWolf's cut seem slow and rough, last 10X longer, and cost just 4-6X more.
    Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)

I've always had good luck with Timberwolf blades. Customers (as well as folks here..) have mentioned getting samples with bad welds but to be honest, I've seen blades with bad welds from lots of vendors. Both Timberwolves and Tri-Masters.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

It has been several years since I bought a Timberwolf blade. I tried 3 and all had bad welds. Have not bought one since. Glad to see they have hopefully gotten better because they stay sharp. I still use them if the smoothness of cut is not important.

I tried several types of blades for a moderately sized production run. That Timberwolf blade did indeed do a good job........for about 20 minutes. It's a good blade for a hobbyist who is not really going to use one much. For more cutting than that, the carbide tipped ones are easily worth the price premium.

I've had good results with Timberwolf, but I have, with a few blades, experienced what Tom mentions when it comes to staying sharp.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Now if can just find someone to sharpen it.Both saw service I used have been sending me back blades with large burrs on both sides of the tooth and gullet.
    This blade is a lot like The wood slicer The kerf is something like .049 the feed rate is slower but that's ok.I have my reasons for getting it.I also have Woodmaster Ct.
    Hopefully by May I will have something Lovely to show.You guys are going to like this one.👍

I was curious from the get-go why you were talking about this blade. I knew you had a Woodmaster CT