Thread: Delta X5, 15" Planer Model 22-785x Dust Chute

Delta X5, 15" Planer Model 22-785x Dust Chute

Greetings Folks, been a long time since I was here.

I am back into woodworking full time and recently moved the shop, during the move the movers broke the dust chute for this planer and as luck would have it Delta doesn't make one any longer, I have scoured the web looking for one or something that might work. I would really appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks
    Andy

Hello Andy London!

Been a longtime...Good to see your back at it. Sorry, have no help for the planer. Folks need to have your beautiful wares in their position...We have three items of yours that we use constantly...way down here in Iowa. Bless you in your work. Justin Koenen
    Last edited by Justin Koenen; 03-05-2016 at 9:40 AM. Reason: correction

My advice to you is try Ebay. I have bought 2 from there and one pops up for sale every now and again. One just came up a couple of weeks ago...

On a side note I'm actively searching for the chrome lock knobs that came on the X5 model with no luck so far.
    Last edited by Dimitrios Fradelakis; 03-05-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Koenen View Post
    Hello Andy London!

Been a longtime...Good to see your back at it. Sorry, have no help for the planer. Folks need to have your beautiful wares in their position...We have three items of yours that we use constantly...way down here in Iowa. Bless you in your work. Justin Koenen
    Thank You for your kind words, very much appreciated. I put woodworking on hold to pursue another career that didn't work out. Moved my shop to the eastern shore of Nova Scotia, beautiful view right on the ocean and the shop used to be a print shop, had to basically tear it apart as the wiring was in rough shape, no insulation in many walls, rot etc. Building is about 70 years old but a good size at 30 X 26, quite a bit smaller than what I had but will be perfect. Just in the process of drywalling the walls which I really do not enjoy but it's coming together.

I am curious, what happened to Delta as I have been out of the loop for a few years, they don't seem to even make planers any longer other than the bench top model.

My hope at the moment is a metal shop, I wrote the company (local) I bought my pipe from years ago with pictures and measurements, I am hoping to hear back from them. This is an amazing planer and I put the Bryd head in it.

Looking forward to getting back into this full time as I love it and did very well over the past 25+ years and really missed it.

All the best folks

Andy

Might see if you can acquire the drawing from Delta and find somebody with a 3D printer.

I think the part# is 22-678 and if you do a google search you can find several suppliers.

I had the same problem. I went to Grizzly and ordered P0453056 Dust Hood. The bolt holes did not line up but that was an easy fix.....It works perfectly for me. BTW it only cost me $13

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Seward View Post
    I had the same problem. I went to Grizzly and ordered P0453056 Dust Hood. The bolt holes did not line up but that was an easy fix.....It works perfectly for me. BTW it only cost me $13
    Excellent and thank you, never thought of Grizzly, ordered one last night, can't beat $13.00

Have a great day
    Andy