This is so simple I almost feel guilty posting it at all.
Like a lot of you I have the Oneway Easy Core System and I really love it.
I'm not here to bash any of the others as I'm certain some of the others are as good or better but this is the System I use.
Before purchasing it I did a little research and decided it was the one for me, simple, robust, easy to set up etc. (emphasis on the simple!)
I watch the video on the Oneway web site and made the spacers as recommended. It all worked just fine but because I use various chucks and don't always want the cutter pivot centred on the blank I was forever trying to guess exactly where the cut would go and was always a little concerned about going through the bottom as a result, I usually wound up with a thicker bottom than I wanted.
A few days ago I was doing some coring and decided it was time to do something about the situation.
I am now using a laser (actually the one that came with my Kobra) to show me exactly where the cut will be throughout the whole activity. It was a simple set-up for me but a similar system could easily be made by anyone. I'm not too sure how it would work on other coring systems but I suspect it could be easily adapted to them as well.
Here's a photo of the one I now use
.IMG_2210.jpg
Here's a shot of a mockup I made from wood.
IMG_2231.jpg
Sooo simple and easy to make.
If anyone is interested I have a little more information on my blog, which can be seen at
https://woodbowlsandthings.wordpress...ore-laser-aid/