Thread: nail gun

nail gun

Can anyone recommend an electric or battery nail/brad gun? It's just for light, home use, baseboard and trim installation. I just want something that is quick and easy to use, but reliable also.

Thanks

I like my Ryobi brad nailer. It drives 2 inch 18 gauge brads. I've used it to put trim in around 800 ft2 of our house so far. Works great. It uses the same lithium ion batteries as my other Ryobi tools (18V). They also sell 16 and 15 gauge trim nailers. So far, the brad nailer has been fine, however. It also makes smaller holes.

thank you. That had some mixed reviews but would probably serve my purpose.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if you can still get them. I have a gizmo that lets you hook up the CO2 cartridges from a paintball gun. It was a gift and I don't use it much. It works, though. You clip the tank and regulator to your belt and off you go.

I also own the 18V Ryobi nailer and it is very handy to not have set up a compressor for small jobs. I have used in in pine trim. with good results although it would occasionally misfire.

However, even at full power (there are pressure adjustments and depth adjustments) I could not sink 1 1/2" brads into oak without the nails standing proud. I had to switch to my PC nailer with a compressor.

I bought the Dewalt 18 volt. It had good ratings and the battery in interchangeable with my drill.

It has 6 settings for how far it drives the nail in. I tried it on some scrap molding and a 2x4. Only on setting 6 does it drive the nail all the way in. Settings 1-5 leave the nail protruding out different amounts. My question is, why would anyone not want to set a finishing nail all the way in?

Maybe I got a defective one or I did something wrong, but I can't think of a reason.

Thanks

John