Thread: Ridgid R4330 Planer

Ridgid R4330 Planer

Ahh the frustration of dealing with Ridgid planned obsolete parts. Need a blade Lock Bar for my Ridgid planer and of course they don't make the part any longer and the only way to find one is to call throughout the US to see if anyone has one in stock. And, of course, nobody seems to have one!!

Any chance the part from the newer R4331 will fit?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Bill,

I am not sure how close your R4330 might be but check this thread to see if CUtech might be a source http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-TP1300-Planer .
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    Any chance the part from the newer R4331 will fit?
    From the pictures on ereplacement parts, looks like the 4331 has 6 mounting holes and the 4330 has 7 holes--and their pics tend to be accurate. I'm wondering about Steel City--but not coming up with a model number off the top of my head.
    earl

The part number is 089170105086. They then superseded it to end in 107 but Ridgid doesn't make it anymore and the only hope seems to be parts house obsolete inventories. I sure won't be buying Ridgid again if I have to replace.
    Last edited by Bill Sutherland; 03-16-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Could you make one?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I spoke with a fella that made one but and had to balance it by grinding it down. I don't really have the tools to be metal fabricating and not sure how safe my version would end up being. Not comfortable with making something on a machine with that kind of RPM. Guess I'll take it apart and access what my options are.