Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting spammed by some idiot Larry Kirk @ amazing woodworking plans

I can confirm he reads mail from that inbox
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

You got a response from him? Did you get off his spam lists? You should tell him about the 4 page thread of people hating on him.

I reported him to the ftc.
    Last edited by Matt Day; 03-29-2016 at 7:20 AM.

Huh. This sounds like same bozo that keeps spamming me on Twitter.

It must be going around. Not necessarily this guy but I think it's all connected. I've been getting a ton of spam emails in my SCM Group account and their IT guy just sent out an email saying that the whole group has been bombarded recently by spammers.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

You get a few SPAM emails and get upset. Here is a bit of reality with a 12 month report for a small business with 3 email addresses. Actually it is really for 2 as about 1% of that is for one of them. Note the 72K SPAM exceed the (mostly) valid emails and unsure emails combined. Also note the 435 virii.

PF_SE_Report_12months.PNG

You can see from the 83 messages that were on the Blacklist, that we feel that is a waste of time unless they are coming from semi-legitimate sources where you just don't want to see them.

It's probably not his real name but he's a scumbag within our ranks (not sawmill creek but a woodworker none the less I suspect). What I'm really interested in, and the real point of this thread, is does anyone know him.
    Last edited by Brian Ashton; 03-30-2016 at 1:28 AM.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

We all know there are all kinds of SPAM emails out there, but being woodworkers a woodworking specific spam email really hits a nerve.

I think the conversation here should be limited to the one in question.

Hes probably some poor schmuck just trying to feed his kids by selling amazing woodworking plans Brian. Live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Hes probably some poor schmuck just trying to feed his kids by selling amazing woodworking plans Brian. Live and let live.
    I haven't looked at his plans but when I looked at previous similar offers, the plans were "stolen" from woodworking magazines and other copyrighted sources. I would think it would be a lot of work to produce that many "original" plans (meaning not stepping on someone's copyright).

If you did produce that many original plans, you'd surely want to be paid for them. I haven't looked into his "offer" but I doubt if you'd even send the spam unless there was a way to make money on it - whether it was original plans or stolen plans.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 03-30-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

10. If you notice in "his" spammy emails, he lists his website. (I won't list it here, no sense generating traffic for a spammer.) However, on his "about" page they display this photo (screen grab by me):
    not-larry.png

However, I believe this image was stolen from a photography business in Seattle named Sash. The actual gentleman in the image is Dennis Bogue: http://sashphotography.com/dennis-bo...ess-headshots/

There is no Larry Kirk. (No surprise)
    Last edited by Jeffrey Stowell; 03-30-2016 at 3:14 PM. Reason: Corrected photography business name

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Stowell View Post
    If you notice in "his" spammy emails, he lists his website. (I won't list it here, no sense generating traffic for a spammer.) However, on his "about" page they display this photo (screen grab by me):
    not-larry.png

However, I believe this image was stolen from a photography business in Seattle named Sash. The actual gentleman in the image is Dennis Bogue: http://sashphotography.com/dennis-bo...ess-headshots/

There is no Larry Kirk. (No surprise)
    Of course Larry Kirk might be a pseudonym for Dennis Boque or maybe Dennis Boque is Larry Kirk's pseudonym?

It is a sad day in the history of the web that a nerd that lives in his mother's basement in the UK can steal a bunch of others plans, steal a picture of a woodworker off a photographer's website, create a website of complete BS (aren't they all?), fool a bunch of people that really should stay off the web, and get a few people all worked up over a few SPAM emails when 70% of the world's email traffic is SPAM.

I get them 2-3 times a week. I simply delete them with all of the rest of the spam. No muss - No fuss!

I have better things to do than try to "get back at him".
    Dave....in Indiana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.

I too have been getting them. Have just been deleting them but do wonder how they are getting through.

Note: This thread is subject to closure. Please keep the discussion civil.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.