Thread: Replacement Blade For Festool T55

Replacement Blade For Festool T55

Hello all. I finally need to replace the original blade that came with my Festool T-55 Track Saw. After cutting tons of oak plywood, the blade seemed a little dull on my last project. Have any of you found a good 160 mm replacement (Infinity, Forrest, Freud) or should I just stick with Festool blades?

Why not sharpen it?

Bob

My current plywood blade is a Freud. It seems to work pretty much like the Festool blade it replaced. I think it was pretty much the same cost. I bought it because the dealer was out of the Festool, and did have the Freud.

Bob, I also have considered just doing that, but I was really trying to determine if people thought other brands outperformed Festool. Or am I overthinking this? BD

How many times have you sharpened it?
    I have sharpened my TS75 blade 2 or 3 times and still has tons of teeth left.

Oshlun...

Works great as a standin while the Festool blade is out getting sharpened.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Oshlun...

Works great as a standin while the Festool blade is out getting sharpened.
    That's what I did. The Festool blade is still waiting to be resharpened.

John

Ask the same question on FOG

Keep in mind that the kerf widths of different manufacturer's blades tend to vary a little. This will affect the the way in which the splinter guard strip on the rail aligns with your cut lines. If you've got multiple tracks, it may mean replacing several splinter guards. The (Leitz) OEM Festool replacement blades are overpriced but I think it makes sense to stick with the same brand in this case. As above, your existing blade is good for at least 3 sharpenings.

While I have not used them a great deal, I purchased Tenryu 48T, 28T, and 12T blades for my Festool TS-55. They are all spec-ed as having the same kerf width. Some of the other blade manufacturers had different kerf widths for different blades within their same lines.