Thread: In Honor of....

In Honor of....

..her 100th birthday on April 12, 2016 everyone should read at least one Ramona Quimby or Henry Huggins book this week. If you choose, Ralph S Mouse is an acceptable substitution.

Mark, I never heard of this fictional character until I read your post and then quickly googled it. So I'm ignorant here - what makes Ramona so special to you and her other fans?

Best regards,
    Fred

My kids loved those books and that started them reading others

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Mark, I never heard of this fictional character until I read your post and then quickly googled it. So I'm ignorant here - what makes Ramona so special to you and her other fans?

Best regards,
    Fred
    I remember reading them as a kid, and most of my kids read them too. Of course, when I read them most were new to the market. They are just good kids books.

I can still remember that Henry and Ribsy lived on Klickitat Street. Ramona said that the first bite of an apple was always best, and after all these years, I still agree with her.

Once spent a couple of hours driving around Portland looking for Klickitat St. so we could take a picture of my wife under the street sign. She is a big fan of Ramona and I admit it's hard not to love the character. She has an advanced degree in teaching children's literature. I don't have an excuse.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Loved those books as did my children and grandkids.