Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oneida price increases coming- anyone with details

Oneida price increases coming- anyone with details

Folks, I am in the process of finally putting together my cyclone purchase. I heard from an Oneida rep yesterday that there are price increases coming very shortly, but did not have details (she mentioned that they had been in the email newsletter- but I did not sign up for that until very recently.

Just wanted to give others a heads up if you are about to pull the trigger- and to see if anyone had more info to share

regards

Mike

They sent out the email to previous customers a couple weeks ago. Prices went up April 1st. They did a nice sale on all ductwork the last four days of March for it. Though I have to say I just checked out a few items and I didnt find anything that went up in price... But thats what the email said.
    Last edited by Ben Rivel; 04-06-2016 at 3:42 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Ben, looks like they haven't actually hit yet- from conversation with Lisa in their sales team, it sounds like they are imminent, but still getting processed. So, for those like myself who are about to purchase there is still a window to place orders before this round of increases.

Wish I had known about the March ductwork sale- oh well, it won't matter much when I look at this purchase in hindsight 5 years down the road!

regards

Mike

They told me that price increases are about to happen 3 months ago when I started the process with them. What was the duct work sale, I must have missed it? Hopefully sales would have told me if it was worth it as I was doing the design at the end of March.

In hindsight, and I would recommend this to others, pay the $250 design service up front (it gets reimbursed after purchase) and don't order until it is correct. The collector I bought came with free design service so I went that way.

My "experience" was much better pre-purchase for sure.

FWIW the discount was about 10% on all standard ductwork and fittings. The Norfab stuff was not included.

I started the process in March due to the email. Ductwork prices have gone up slightly.

Great Scott!!! New price on the 15HP I was considering is posted! Talk about corporate greed! Old price for base system and filters: $10,979. New price: $14,750!!! Sorry Oneida, you just priced yourself out of consideration!

Greg Stahl

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Stahl View Post
    Great Scott!!! New price on the 15HP I was considering is posted! Talk about corporate greed! Old price for base system and filters: $10,979. New price: $14,750!!! Sorry Oneida, you just priced yourself out of consideration!

Greg Stahl
    !!! Wow that is a HUGE price increase!

Looks like the price increases finally hit. The V series went up as did the ducting. Man Im glad I got all my stuff purchased already! Would have cost me hundreds more for the same stuff now.
    Last edited by Ben Rivel; 04-17-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes "corporate greed" is simply trying to stay in business amid falling volume due to offshore competition. Rather than trying to compete head to head, carving yourself a niche. Not saying this is what is fueling the Oneida increases. Glad I bought mine when I did.
    NOW you tell me...

I just looked and the price for the 3HP Super Dust Gorilla isn't significantly more expensive than when I bought mine years ago.

This is an American company, using American manufactured motors and American labor to build this product. How long did they hold their prices absorbing the 3%-4% annual inflation before they raised their prices? How much has their utilities increased? How much has their labor costs increased?

Without knowing how much the cost of production for their products has increased since they last raised their prices, it's premature to declare their recent price increases a result of corporate greed.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-17-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I just looked and the price for the 3HP Super Dust Gorilla isn't significantly more expensive than when I bought mine years ago.

This is an American company, using American manufactured motors and American labor to build this product. How long did they hold their prices absorbing the 3%-4% annual inflation before they raised their prices? How much has their utilities increased? How much has their labor costs increased?

Without knowing how much the cost of production for their products has increased since they last raised their prices, it's premature to declare it a result of corporate greed.
    I've got an Oneida System I purchased and installed in 2009. I've always been rather proud of Oneida for trying to find a way to stay competitive with similar Asian made machines. I'm sure it's not easy.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

Without knowing how much the cost of production for their products has increased since they last raised their prices, it's premature to declare their recent price increases a result of corporate greed.

+1 for sure. There was PLENTY of notice that an increase was coming, months........how many other companies give you that much of a warning? We all say we want to "buy American", but who actually does when it's a little more expensive?

If you compare Oneida's cyclone with other US made dust collection systems, I think you will agree it is overpriced. It is billed as an industrial model; however, it does not conform to NFPA regulations and is not made for outdoor installation. This is something the buyer will have to do himself. Oneida is considered a cheap alternative in small commercial shops. I am contending they just priced out the "cheap alternative"--you might as well buy higher quality US made dust collection.

I can now buy this for about $1000 more than the Oneida:
    http://www.stilesmachinery.com/belfab/nbm

Since I was planning to buy two cyclones, I can buy a larger unit and add a fire activated gate going through the firewall of the shop.

It is a no-brainer. Industrial filtration at .5 microns, explosion venting, can add on and increase CFM, can add spark detection, a quiet fan design option, made for outdoor installation, etc....

Since I was planning to buy two cyclones, the $8000 increase from Oneida allows me to buy a larger Belfab and can add many if not all of the above options to it and save money.

Greg

Seems like an easy decision, even before the price increase.

I've never even seen a collection system that large!

Belfab is located in the US, the host company is located in Canada and they have a furnace plant in India.

I see nothing at the Belfab website indicating their products use US manufactured motors, etc.

My argument was that a company raising their prices isn't necessarily a sign of corporate greed, any more than a small business person raising their prices because their materials, utilities and labor costs increase is a sign of greed.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-17-2016 at 10:58 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....