Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Bosch REAXX

Ordered a Bosch REAXX

At the Kansas City Wood Show this weekend, the Bosch dealer demonstrated the REAXX saw using a German sausage. It detonates what looks like a pellet gun cartridge. The cartridge costs about $50 a piece and the system resets in about ninety seconds. It should arrive shipped to the house around June 1. I wanted a REAXX since some of the folks who help around with carpentry aren't the safest around tools.

Make sure you let us know how it works for you. Not just the safety device but as a table saw.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I don't plan to let you know how the safety devise works if at all possible. The saw is based on the current Bosch saw with a few improvements. It has a devise for out-feed and that will be appreciated. Updates after arrival/use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Make sure you let us know how it works for you. Not just the safety device but as a table saw.

Mike

Nice! Looks like the best option out there these days for a jobsite saw! At half the price as the SawStop its gonna be a winner!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Let us know how it works when you put it through its paces. It will be interesting to see how the suit pans out.

Glad to hear that they're in production and SS has some competition. Any idea if they plan to make a cabinet saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    At the Kansas City Wood Show this weekend, the Bosch dealer demonstrated the REAXX saw using a German sausage. It detonates what looks like a pellet gun cartridge. The cartridge costs about $50 a piece and the system resets in about ninety seconds. It should arrive shipped to the house around June 1. I wanted a REAXX since some of the folks who help around with carpentry aren't the safest around tools.
    Hey Rich, that looks like a very nice machine. What did you pay for it and is the cartridge needing to be replaced at $50 each time it fires?

Pat,

They aren't offering any discounts for the pre-order folks; it was steep at $1500. The cartridges come in a pair, so 2 at a time. They think it will retail for $100 for the double cartridge. I look for someone to replicate the cartridge in the future at less cost. The Bosch representative picked up the shipping to my door. With the dad coming this summer (he's 85), and planning to help, it's worth it to have a safer saw at the farm. Plus his idiot son (me) might also need the safety feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Hey Rich, that looks like a very nice machine. What did you pay for it and is the cartridge needing to be replaced at $50 each time it fires?
    Each cartridge gets two fires. I thought I read the saw was going to be released in the US for $599.

Congrats Rich! Please provide a review after you have used it for a while.

I am waiting for them to make a cabinet saw.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Each cartridge gets two fires. I thought I read the saw was going to be released in the US for $599.
    It is based on the Bosch 4100 series which was released for about $599. This one has an out-feed bar and quite a few improvements over the 4100 which I currently own as a job-site saw. Here is an article comparing the three says at protoolreviews dot com

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/...jss-mca/14982/

It is based on the Bosch 4100 series which was released for about $599. This one has an out-feed bar and quite a few improvements over the 4100 which I currently own as a job-site saw. Here is an article comparing the three says at protoolreviews dot com

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/...jss-mca/14982/
    So you got one for $599?

So you got one for $599?
    Not in my wildest dreams. The cost of the 4100 is $599, not the REAXX.

So you got one for $599?
    Pat,

They aren't offering any discounts for the pre-order folks; it was steep at $1500. The cartridges come in a pair, so 2 at a time. They think it will retail for $100 for the double cartridge. I look for someone to replicate the cartridge in the future at less cost. The Bosch representative picked up the shipping to my door. With the dad coming this summer (he's 85), and planning to help, it's worth it to have a safer saw at the farm. Plus his idiot son (me) might also need the safety feature.
    Think he said $1500.

Not in my wildest dreams. The cost of the 4100 is $599, not the REAXX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Think he said $1500.
    Oops, missed that. Wow so the Reaxx is MORE expensive then the SawStop huh? Interesting move on Bosch's part. Gonna be fun watching how this all plays out.