Thread: Interlocking Table Edge

Interlocking Table Edge

I am making a large conference table where the top 1.125" thick and is split longwise and across, yielding 4 sections.
    The table is designed to come apart and the sections used against the conference room walls as food tables.
    I am using hardware that draws the sections together when they are sitting on the conference table pedestals.
    A standard T&G profice is not substantial enough to really hold the edges together and I am looking for more of
    a deeper trapazoidal type profile to do so.
    Can anyone steer me to where I might find different profiles that might do the job? I thought of using XL Dominos
    but they can get pretty tight sometimes when you need to pull them apart.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

Edge banding bit maybe? They have some that have a tongue feature to them. Trying to find a stacked set would be cool such that you could make the make the tongue and groove a little thicker. Freeborn has a wedge tenon but it is only up to 1" stock. I'm guessing they could make a special our you could grind or have ground a set for an insert head.

Last edited by John TenEyck; 04-11-2016 at 5:29 PM.

Thanks guys. I have been looking at a glue joint but its kind of shallow. The wedge T&G could be the ticket. I have an inquiry in to Freeborn as to whether they have any larger sizes of that cutter.