Thread: trolla 2000 sliding hardware help.

trolla 2000 sliding hardware help.

Hi,

Looking for help with sliding doors for a cabinet. I have trolla 2000 hardware. I'm having trouble fitting the doors in the slides. The bottom slides are adjustable; started with loosest setting. Can't seem to get the slides locked into place and adjusted in a way that the doors slide evenly. The door is getting stuck and it seems the hardware is turning in place and then rubbing instead of smoothly sliding through track.

Has anyone else used these? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Quinn

I'm not sure I understand. That hardware has a pair of rollers on the bottom and a pair of guides at the top. Are the rollers what you are calling slides? Or do you mean the track?

The rollers are adjustable for height. When you say "loosest" setting, do you mean lowest setting? You could be dragging on the bottom track. Can you adjust up a little? Are the doors too tall for the opening?

Jerry - I sanded the doors a bit and I think they're just right for the opening. When I referred to the slides it is the guides on top and bottom. When I say loosest, the rollers are on their lowest setting which allows for the most clearance. I'm pretty sure the bottom guides are in the track in a way that allows the roller to sit on the track. I think once doors are in place I'll have to increase the setting but first have to get the top guides to slide in the track. Right now the top guides move when I try to slide the door; the lock itself turns but the guides rotate as well which causes the guide to drag on the track.

Hope this makes sense; it's hard to describe accurately.

OK. I think I understand. If you keep the top guides down, dis-engaged, can the doors roll freely on the bottom track? Sounds like the bore for the top guides may be a little loose, so the whole guide rotates, binding up the little "finger" that is the actual guide? Maybe a little glue, or Bondo or something to help lock in that top guide?

And maybe the upper guide is installed a little too high (or the door is a little too tall) so the "finger" rubs the top of the upper track?