Thread: VL200 Max Speed

VL200 Max Speed

Does any body happen to know the max in/s speed of a Versalaser VL200?, I can't find this info in the machine documentation.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Salcedo View Post
    Does any body happen to know the max in/s speed of a Versalaser VL200?, I can't find this info in the machine documentation.
    40 inch/sec in raster mode (X-axis motion only).

Max vector speed is slower than that because it's limited by the Y-axis, but the percentage speed setting is still based on 40IPS. I don't recall what it is exactly, but it's in the neighborhood of 10IPS: the vector rate tops out at about 25%. Pretty much anything except paper cuts at single-digit speeds on that machine, so it really doesn't matter.

In any case, it's easy enough to measure by timing a vector cut of a bunch of vertical lines at 100% and dividing by the total length.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thank you, Lee.

It was very helpful.